sesame street flims question.

Sesamo2012

Reaction score
when sesame street first came out, and they started to find new talent to bring to the show i think around 1970 a man that looked indian named Prasanna Rao he was the first to make these hand shadow like hand puppet skits during the sesame street season. does any body here on this site remember seeing these, and recall these shadow hand puppet skits. alot of people said that this guy made some afraid or some what freaked out, but others liked it, other then that does any body have any idea if thier are any more that are made from sesame street since that time, and if any more were made, other then the Rabbit, the Cow, the Elephant, the Parrot. the Man, and the Swan and the Horse to name a few, i think thier are more, but its hard to recall that, other wise thanks and happy valentines day.:smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I know what you're talking about- I remember those shadow puppets too. I don't recall being scared by them- they were pretty cool. Sesame Street's video player may have some- you might try on www.sesamestreet.com or maybe on Youtube...

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
There are many Sesame Street film inserts I remember.

I remember those old films like:
*Monkeys screeching (with announcer saying that "Monkeys make funny noises").
*Making the "LOST DOG" poster.
*Wendy and her grandmother making homemade cookies for the nursing home.
*Megan broked her wrist and needs the cast.
*Catching the Balloon.
*How Cheese are made
*Peanut Butter Factory (Sung by Joe Raposo).
*The ORIGINAL Somebody Come and Play (Bunch of Monkeys).
*The UPDATED Somebody Come and Play (Bunch of Snow Leopards).
*How vinyl records are made (Featuring Paul Simon and his son singing "Bingo" at a recording studio)
*Looking for All the Shapes (The Triangle, The Rectangle, The Circle, and The Square) (With Maria Voice Over).
*The Alaskan Sleigh Dog Racing.
*Everybody Eats (Both the Original and Updated versions)
*Everybody Sleeps (The Original with a man who looks like John Lennon who fell off the chair) (In later years, They replaced that scene with astronauts)
*Everybody Sleeps (Updated version, I think it's from 1992 Because that of the kid in the film is sleeping with a Marsupilami doll, Back when Disney's Raw Toonage was on the air).
*How Bottles are Recycled ("Black Eye Peas").
*How Papers are Recycled ("Blue Nose Gopher").
*Any Sesame Street Creature Feature Segments.
*It's a Long Hard Road (But I'm Gonna Get There.
*I Believe in Little Things.
*Don't Waste Water.
*Spanish Food Market Song.
*Listen (Ocean Waves, Heartbeat, Clock Ticking, Horse Back Riding, Crickets Chirping, Train, Construcion Drill, Church Bell, Swinging, and the Marching Band doing "Yankee Doodle Went to Town")
*Sounds Around the House (Faucet Dripping, A father praticing his violin, A mother vacumming, A teenager listen to a song on the radio, and the subway train rolling by the window).
*Sounds Around the House (Wind Chimes, A mother snoring, A kid making airplane sound, A father praticing his trumpet, A motercycle rider rides his motercycle).
*It's Ooky-ook (It's Cold Outside)
*Mom and Me
*We're Five (Children talk about being five)
*Making Apple Cider
*Louisiana Zydeco song sung in Cajun French
*How Hamburger buns are made
*How Pizzas are made
*Family Mexican Resturant
*Flamingo Film (Used in the Miami Mice Intro)
*I'm Pretty
*Follow the Airrows
*The Garbageman Blues
*Gordon in the classroom (Bunch of Shapes)
*TIMBER! (2-part sketch) (Part 1, A match knocks down, And part 2, A tree knocks down and bounces back in it's place).
*Crowd Alphabet.
*Sign Alphabet.
*Neon sign building up ("EMPIRE HOTEL") (I have ones for the letters "O" and "R").
*A painter making the word "W-E-T P-A-I-N-T" on the wall of the building. After he puts his hand on the "T," His look at his hand that is all red and then screams "WET PAIIIIINT!"
*Five Tap Dancers Singing about the Number 5.
*The Falling Baker.
*The Mad Painter.
*A dirty car going to the Car Wash.
*The blind class going to the park, They learn other ways than seeing. After they sang "If you're happy and you know it," It started to rain.
*Look a little closer.
*Listen Here, Truck.
*A Giant Panda Film.
*A Country Boy meets A City Boy.
*One of the kids visits an afro family, At the end of that film, They played RBI Baseball for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).
*We all Sing With the Same Voice.
*How saxaphones are made.
*How crayons are made.
*How Chinesse Noodles are made.
*A fast motion film on how the house is built.
*Ostrichs
*Peacock
*Gymnastics (featuring the trampoline scene from the original 3-2-1 Contact intro).
*Buddy and Jim.
*Making a stencel 5 on the road.
*Sugar Beet.
*Two boys riding a ferryboat.

And I that's all I can think of.