Sesame Street Games coming for the Wii, DS and PC

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only Sesame Street game, to my knowledge, that even has any of those obscure characters is Counting Cafe... That one actually had Farley and even Sam the Machine in it.

But it doesn't matter. Elmo and Cookie may be on the box, but I'm sure all the current characters and maybe a couple Easter eggs for the adults are there as well.

Above all, Elmo sells. It's a lousy fact, but it's true. They could sell games with Ernie and Grover and those guys on it too (who's to say that this isn't the beginning of a series anyway?)... but they just wouldn't sell as many units as they would if Elmo isn't slapped somewhere on it.

Besides, Counting Cafe and NES Count's Countdown (I never tried any of the N64 or PS1 games) are the only ones that I personally can get enjoyment out of as a game player. But little kids who can't play Mario without falling into the first hole will love it.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I have to say I'm surpised at how many (what I assume to be) adults are actually complaining about this game that is CLEARLY marketed to preschoolers. They're not making some kind of Kingdom Hearts with SS Muppets, here, it's a learning game for the kiddies. I'm sure part of the reason why the graphics aren't that great is so it can be sold at a MUCH cheaper price than most games, which is a good thing considering whom it's marketed to. I honestly doubt video game mags or G4's X-Play will even brother doing reviews on it.

With that said, if I had the money, I think I would pick up a copy of the Elmo game for my three year old nephew. It's funny what Dr.Tooth said about kids losing all the time at Mario, cause that's right now the only game he has and indeed he does have a tough time with it, :smile:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to say I'm surpised at how many (what I assume to be) adults are actually complaining about this game that is CLEARLY marketed to preschoolers. They're not making some kind of Kingdom Hearts with SS Muppets, here, it's a learning game for the kiddies. I'm sure part of the reason why the graphics aren't that great is so it can be sold at a MUCH cheaper price than most games, which is a good thing considering whom it's marketed to. I honestly doubt video game mags or G4's X-Play will even brother doing reviews on it.
Yeah. And the whole "Oh noes! More Elmo!" thing is pretty... well... I can't describe it. Elmo sells stuff to kids. 3 year olds LOVE Elmo because they see him as a peer. And remember, there are 2 games... one with Elmo on the cover, and one with Cookie. I haven't seen any game play or screen shots, so I can only assume that EVERYONE that you see on the show today will be in the game in some aspect or another. I only played the NES and that one Genesis Sesame Games and the only time rare obscure characters appeared WAS in the Genisis game... and that one's pretty obscure itself. it's hard to find an emulator AND a rom that work together. Took me forever to do that anyway.

I will say I agree with those who can't justify shelling out all that money for something that's probably available for free on SW's website.... but then again, we don't even know what the game play is yet. When is this supposed to be released, anyway?

Gerbert

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. That must be Warner Bros fault. These do look cheaply made for a console game. I agree with that much. I still wanna see game play or something, but they could at LEAST have done something a lot more complex than that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know what kind of Sesame Street game I'd like to see? A Mario Party-style Sesame Street game, with mini-games hosted by a variety of characters, past and present (and maybe unlockable video clips, like in Muppet Party Cruise). I'd also like to see a Sesame Street go-kart game (though would that format be appropriate for Sesame Street? I doubt it would allow for shooting things at other racers).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seriously... when Mario takes a genre of a game and turns it on it's ear, it doesn't give everybody carte blanche to make terrible clones of it with every single licensee in the book. Really... I'm still waiting for Commander McBragg Racers.

The problem is you really can't make a Sesame Street game that's old school fan gamer friendly that will sell. The Muppet show Muppets have had a heck of a time with video games as it is. That lousy Game boy one... the insidious pile of garbage that Hi Tech Expressions foisted on the NES. They had some good ones, but they all had to be minigames. Even for Atari.

Sesame Street games are only for the little ones, and while I agree they're going the low road with cheap looking stuff that looks lifted from the website, I doubt they'd want anything vaguely resembling anything older kids would like to play. A Mario Party style game with smaller, easier counting, reading, and basic problem solving skills could work on some level... but it wouldn't be all that fun for anyone over the age of 5. When in the course of Sesame Street games that Countdown, Elmo's Number Journey (or whatever it was called) and Counting Cafe are the only ones that have a bare resemblance to something like Mario, you're really not working with a whole lot of potential here.

A Fraggle Rock exploration game would be cool, though. Something where you just explore around the Rock.

muppet baby

Reaction score
I am so happy to see this , about sesme streeet coming out with a game for wii that is just so great i am for sure geting both of them . i am going to love playing this even though i know what age this going for .

i love anything themed for muppets any time , the wii is my all time faverite hobbie next to reading , i had to stop the wii for about a year when things for my non working shunt started going really bad . now that is gone and i am back at and have bought some new games and have been playing like crazy on the wii now that recovery form surgery is almost complte .

anyway i say all that to say as soon as these games are out i am geting them . so happy to hear about this . will there be some wii and ss fans on here who are my age getting these and playing them ? here on the fourm, i sure hope so kekeke :excited: