1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Sesame Street Halloween episode to air on HBO October 29, 2016

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Oscarfan, Oct 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Looks like the "Snazzy Society" episode will actually be the Halloween show:

2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

So the long speculated about Halloween episode is actually a real thing. I guess it finally makes sense why they waited so long to air the season finale.
    The episode looks really fun, and it's nice to see them finally coming out with more holiday episodes like this one, the upcoming Christmas special and it looks like there's a Thanksgiving episode coming next season.

Even more exciting is the fact that they decided to use Bert, the Count, Zoe and Baby Bear.

3. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

So looks like I was right about the Zoe in the butterfly costume was for this episode, I wonder if Grover is going to be involved because looks like a lot of characters whose screen-time has been limited like Bert, Ernie, Zoe, Telly, Baby Bear, & Count are going to be in this episode.

4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I have to admit, I'm a little...confused about Snazzy Society being a Halloween special. Looks like all they're really doing is some sort of song/skit insert that'll air after the street story. Kinda cheap, but I get why they'd be cheap about it considering. I just don't like how they're advertising it as a straight up Halloween special.

5. Oscarfan

I don't think it will be; it might have been a placeholder for this episode.

I know the Valentine's episode wasn't originally planned for the season (they didn't shoot it until the December before it aired), so they might have thought they could bump the Halloween one.

6. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Does any else notice that Big Bird is dressed as Tutter the Mouse from Bear.

MikaelaMuppet and Phillip like this.
  7. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

What does that mean? And if that's the case, when will Snazzy Society air? I'm confused.

8. Oscarfan

Oh yeah, I just remembered; the "Snazzy Society" episode aired in Australia already. So, I'm not sure what this will be.

9. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Okay. The street scene clearly wasn't "Snazzy Society." Does that mean this is a new upcoming episode and they rescheduled "Snazzy Society" for another time? Now I'm confused. :confused:

And hopefully Mr. Backhurst's Ernie as well. Kee hee hee hee hee!

10. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Wait - so, is Bert's eyebrow actually disjointed from his head? I see light filtering in behind his eyebrow.

11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

TV listings said "Snazzy Society," but I usually take those with a grain of salt up to a week before.

12. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

So apparently, I don't get HBO anymore. Would Shane or someone be willing to take the street story and upload it to Vimeo or something? There's no way I'm gonna wait an entire year before this gets shown on PBS.

13. Daffyfan2003

I agree with you there, Ant. I felt the same way ever since the HBO season began. I'd definitely be interested in seeing that one online and the "Snazzy Society" repeat if that one still airs as well.

14. Daffyfan2003

Sorry for the double post, but I was concerned that this thread got quite all of a sudden. Do we have any news yet on the schedule of the Halloween special and Snazzy Society or if those of us who don't get HBO will have any means of seeing these episodes without having to wait a year?

15. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

MikaelaMuppet likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.