Sesame Street Home Video Challenge

Oliver

Reaction score
Okay, with the vast knowledge of SS topics and wide range of forum members on this board, I really hope that this works...

I am trying to compile a complete and thorough list of every single segment from the following Videos and DVD's; Songs, Character Sketches, Animated Segments, Live Action Bits, etc.

I would than like to try and make a sub-category for every single one of which is taken from the classic Sesame years, so in the end I am hoping to accomplish a complete and accurate tracklisting of every classic segment from the following videos.

I am NOT looking for simple "I know this classic sketch was included" responses.

I want complete and accurate lists if possible, which might take some group effort.

I'm sure with the expertise of this board, we can than group the lists into seperate classes for classic segments, etc. which would be really useful to a lot of people I'm sure as these classic Video-DVD related topics come up far too often and I know it would be a huge convenience to myself personally!

(OT: What I'm planning on doing with this information, is creating a mega compilation of high quality digital transfers of every classic segment from each of the listed titles. It would be a great resource since the prints are already rematsered and would make for an excellent nostalgic mix of exclusively classic Sesame Street which doesn't seem to be available in any format right now)

Here are the videos I'd like to get tracklists for. If anybody owns anyone of these, your help would be very much appreciated - Even if you could simply take the time to quickly skip through and review the content, taking note of the sketches, songs and bridging segments.

* Again the lists should be complete, we can than determine which class they fit into (old/new).

Here's that list:

DVD:

25 Wonderful Years - A Musical Celebration
Cookie Monster’s Best Bites
The Great Numbers Game
Learning About Letters
Learning About Numbers
Let’s Eat
Let's Make Music
Monster Hits
Put Down The Duckie
Rock & Roll
We All Sing Together
What’s The Name Of That Song?

VHS:

Bedtime Stories And Songs
The Best Of Ernie & Bert On Sesame Street
The Best Of Kermit On Sesame Street
Big Bird’s Favorite Party Games
Big Bird Sings
Big Bird’s Story Time
Count It Higher
Don’t Eat The Cookies
Getting Ready For School
Getting Ready To Read
I’m Glad I’m Me
Learning To Add & Subtract
Sing Along
Sing Yourself Silly!
Sing Yourself Sillier At The Movies
Slimey's World Games

* Also, what non-exclusive segments were included in the following specials: Christmas Eve On S.S. / Big Bird In China-Japan / Don't Eat The Pictures / S.S. Visits The Hospital?

Let's try this!

Oliver

Reaction score
PS: For all those who help, I would be willing to offer a DVD copy of the various classic segments as mentioned above for only the cost of shipping. I plan to follow this up professionally with a company that offers DVD replication services complete with cover art, animated menus and disc labels, etc. so that it will appear to be of studio quality stature. I'm sure with all the individual segments listed, this will make for a great 1-2 disc set of classic Sesame Street!

:smile:

maurakl

Reaction score
I can do at least one of them!

I will do the VHS of Sing Yourself Silly. I have a couple of the ones you listed under DVD as VHS, would you want those or are there different things on the DVD's? I have A Musical Celebration and Rock and Roll. I will do this as soon as possible, but it may be a few days. I would LOVE a DVD of your compilations!

maurakl

Oliver

Reaction score
Thanks Maurakl!

Whatever you can add would be great, I'm basically just hoping to get an accurate listing of what's available so that as stated, I can from there pick up what's needed and create my own DVD compilation based on the available, remastered classic S.S. skits.

I also think it would be an excellent referance for people looking to pick up certain dvd's or videos and unsure of which ones to buy as I notice a lot of these related questions popping up on the forums from time to time.

I just want to add however, that it will definitely be a while before anything comes of this as there's much involved but I promise to update the board when its finally done!

Thanks for your help!!!

:smile:

maurakl

Reaction score
I haven't forgotten

I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten. I won't have time for a few days still, but do intend to do the ones that I have for you. :smile:

maurakl