Sesame Street Ice Capades Programs

SuprGro78

Reaction score
Hey all I just got a really cool present from my aunt. It's a whole bunch of Ice capades programs from about 76 to 81. Does anyone know how many years that the Sesame Street Characters were in the ice capades? Or if you just remember seeing them on ice I'd love to hear about it. Also I do have one extra if anyone just needs to have one for their collection.

Thanks!
Chelle

radionate

Reaction score
The first Ice Capades I ever went to had Seasame Street. I remember a big taxi or something that drove around the ice. Wait, I don't think it was SS at the Ice Capades. I think it was regular old SS live I'm thinking of. Shoot I don't remember that was twenty years ago plus. Bah. I do remember the Ewoks at Ice Capades, and the Snorks, and the Smurfs a couple of years. Those were great.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I saw Disney, but never Muppets...man, would I love to see Mokey glidin' on ice skates... :smile:

Mokey: *sigh* "*Such* a capade..."

SuprGro78

Reaction score
Some of the ads in the programs are for the Snorks on ice. ANd in one all the girls are dressed like Rainbow Bright. Oh the cheesy 80's how I miss them so!!

SuprGro78

Reaction score
Yeah too many pastels and what my mom called Day Glo. But I just can't figure out why i needed to wear more than one pair of socks and those painful bananna clips in my hair.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only Ice type show I saw was Toy Story on ice. I got a pack of three LGM's (for those of you who don't know what that means, they're those little green three eyed guys in the crane game). I wanted to see Darkwing Duck on ice, but never did! :mad:

SuprGro78

Reaction score
weirdly connected

The Toy story pizza place is right across from muppertvison 3d in MGM Studios. That's how random my mind works.

This has been a random thought brought to you by Melba Toast. The file keeper in my brain.