Sesame Street Live Songs

SSLFan

Reaction score
Do you have a favorite song written excusively for the Sesame Street Live shows?...if you've ever been? Lol.

My favorite all- time song would be Let's Be Friends, from the show of the same name. I think it just has a catchy tune:

Go 'round the corner
And down the street!
Friends, friends everywhere
For us to meet!​

Go 'round the corner,
And just go round the bend
There's someone waitng for you and me to
Be a friend!​

Let's Be Friends, let's be friends
I like you and you like me so, Let's Be Friends!​

Let's Be Friends, let's be friends
I like you and you like me,
he likes her and she likes me
Pals & chums & buddies to the end
Let's beeeeee
Friiiiiiiiieeeennnnds
Let's Be Friends!​

I also like the theme to When I Grow Up, or more recently, When Elmo Grows Up. The song is still tittled When I Grow Up though. And a third favorite would me the song Singing Up the Scale from Elmo Makes Music. It too, is a catchy tune.​

Anyone else have a favorite SSL song?​

StreetScenes

Reaction score
that is a cute song. was Just Another Sunny Day written for SSL? that one always gets stuck in my head. but i only have a few SSL cds...they're hard to find!

SSLFan

Reaction score
that is a cute song. was Just Another Sunny Day written for SSL? that one always gets stuck in my head. but i only have a few SSL cds...they're hard to find!
No, I think it was written for SS. I know the cast performed it in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade a couple years back. And yes, SSL cds are hard to come by!

StarrFilter

Reaction score
"Another Sunny Day" WAS indeed originally written by Jon Baker for Sesame Street Live's "Out of This World" which premiered back in 03.

And just a clarification... it's "AROUND the corner, and down the street"

FisticuffKI

Reaction score
"Another Sunny Day" is also used in Abby Cadabby's Treasure Hunt at Sesame Place as the opening song. You may also recognize another SSL song being reused - "Mix It Up" from Elmo's Coloring Book has been reworked for the show.

Another fun rework is "Island Trash"!

If I remember correctly from my time there, the show runs just short of half-an-hour (quite long for a theme park show).

SSLFan

Reaction score
"Another Sunny Day" WAS indeed originally written by Jon Baker for Sesame Street Live's "Out of This World" which premiered back in 03.

And just a clarification... it's "AROUND the corner, and down the street"
:embarrassed:Lol. Thanks for clearing that up!

"Another Sunny Day" is also used in Abby Cadabby's Treasure Hunt at Sesame Place as the opening song. You may also recognize another SSL song being reused - "Mix It Up" from Elmo's Coloring Book has been reworked for the show.

Another fun rework is "Island Trash"!

If I remember correctly from my time there, the show runs just short of half-an-hour (quite long for a theme park show).
Yeah, I saw the vid of "Mix It Up". I like how the redid it. It's surprising how they use SSL songs for the themepark shows too.

I think one of the most difficult songs to understand is "Telephone Talk" from Big Bird's Sunny Day Camp Out. It's cute, but some of the words get kinda confusing!:stick_out_tongue:

SSLFan

Reaction score
I just thought of, well, you know how they always put songs from the tv show in the stage adaption, well, I think one of the best song adaptations recently has to have been "Believe In Yourself". And seeing it live was really cool.

It's funny especially when Baby Bear says "...You gotta love a horn section!" LOL.