Sesame Street Live: The First 2 Shows

zns

Reaction score
I was just wondering about the first two performances from Sesame Street Live, which were "The Case Of The Missing Rara Avis", and "Big Bird's Super Spectacular Totally Amateur Show". Could someone out there give me a snyopsis as to what those shows were all about. Thanks. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There was a thread about Sesame Street Live in the Sesame Street section where somebody scanned every picture from the program book for Big Bird's Totally Amature Show. For that one, it seems like it was just atalent show put on by the Sesame Street muppets.

I don't know about the first one, but it seems like it must have been a mystery of some sorts. I've seen a listing of characters from it, and for some reason, for a first Sesame Street Live show, it didn't have very many Muppets from the show. It seems like it had a lot more new anything muppet-type characters and some of the main Sesame Street Muppets. I know that it had Big Bird, Ernie, Bert, Grover, and Cookie Monster, and I think it had The Count and Oscar, and that's basically it. Since it was a mystery, I thik that Sherlock Hemlock should have been involved.

The second one did have a lot more characters, including some who I think rarely appeared in Sesame Street Live. It is one of the few to feature Herry Monster, as well as Gladys, Fred the Wonder Horse, the Two-Headed Monster (I wonder how a walk-around of him was performed), Simon Soundman, and many others. Interestingly, Louise Gold performed voices in this production even though she wouldn't perform on Sesame Street untill 1991.

zns

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
There was a thread about Sesame Street Live in the Sesame Street section where somebody scanned every picture from the program book for Big Bird's Totally Amature Show. For that one, it seems like it was just atalent show put on by the Sesame Street muppets.
Do you have a link to that thread? I'd be really interested to see those photos from that show. As for the first show, yes it didn't have a whole lot of characters, but according to Muppet Wiki, it had some new ones such as The Seedy Birds, Inspector Fortescu Farquar and the New York City Department of Missing Birds, and Phineas T. Barnswallow. But mainely, it was Big Bird, Bert Ernie, Grover, Cookie Monster, Count von Count, and Oscar the Grouch. Plus, the Anything Muppets.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
zns said:
Do you have a link to that thread? I'd be really interested to see those photos from that show. As for the first show, yes it didn't have a whole lot of characters, but according to Muppet Wiki, it had some new ones such as The Seedy Birds, Inspector Fortescu Farquar and the New York City Department of Missing Birds, and Phineas T. Barnswallow. But mainely, it was Big Bird, Bert Ernie, Grover, Cookie Monster, Count von Count, and Oscar the Grouch. Plus, the Anything Muppets.
I know that the thread has Sesame Street Live in the title. I've seen a few SSL threads in the Sesame Street category, one of which seems a bit long.

I didn't say that there weren't a lot of Muppets, just not a lot of Muppets from the show.

zns

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I didn't say that there weren't a lot of Muppets, just not a lot of Muppets from the show.
Sorry, just thought it would be a nice little reminder. But anyway, I'll see if I can find it in the archives. Thanks a lot.:wink: :smile:

zns

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Those illustrations by Joe Mathieu look really good. I look forward to seeing the pictures from the first show. :excited:

zns

Reaction score
Say Ernie81981, I noticed that the photo's from the program "Big Bird's Super Spectacular Totally Amateur Show" is no longer on the web. Is there another way thta you can put them up so tatt i can see them again?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I might be able to. It's just my internet at home is not being able to work so when it does go up and running I'll do what I can. I'm on my sister's computer right now. I'll do what I can soon.

zns

Reaction score
Thanks. That would be great. Take your time, I'm in no rush.:smile: