1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame Street Live: When Elmo Grows Up

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by SSLFan, May 24, 2007.

1. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

As you may see from my username, I am a huge fan of Sesame Street Live. Anyways, I was just wondering around the internet to discover the name of Vee Corperation's newest show: When Elmo Grows Up. Is this the remake of When I Grow Up form 1993? It seems the furry fellow must be selling BIG! Does anyone have comments on this? This is like the third show to have Elmo's name!:rolleyes:
    Nothing has appeared on the SSL site yet, but I plan to check every now and then. Does anyone else have info on the newest show? If so, please feel free to post it on this thread.
  2. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

I am a fan as well! I am afraid I've no news of it but I am glad for this update! :)
  3. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

No problem!:) And welcome to MC!
  4. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

5. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

ok, information is slowly starting to appear on the site...:excited:
  6. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

7. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

They are so similar! I guess they can't think of any more good plots. Atleast Abby Cadabby will be in it! :)
  8. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: Well, When Elmo Grows Up can never surpass the original production.
  9. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

10. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Well it's offical just today I saw some preview hints of the new SSL show and I must say that I'm impress with how they did it so far. :)
  11. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Really? I really dislike what their doing to the show. It seems like the story just went from revolving around Big Bird to just revolving around ol' Elmo. In the words of Oscar.....YUCK!:grouchy:
  12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

......and no one saw it coming... why?
  13. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

Abby Cadabby is in the new show too!(insert Abby smiley)
  14. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I've had my tickets to this one for a month or so... we make it a family tradition to go the Friday after Thanksgiving. I never felt that even with Elmo's name in the title that it has been particularly elmo centric.
  15. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

16. Larxene

Larxene Member

Does anyone know where you can buy the OSTs for Sesame Street Live? I've been looking forever, I never see them except on the black market for three times the price.
    Jayden Campbell likes this.
  17. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

It seems strange to me that Big Bird's sort of stickin' out from the rest of the gang, as if he were the star. Now if I do recall, the show is entitled When Elmo Grows Up, so why is it that the furry red monster appears to just be "part of the group"? if you get what i'm saying.

I still think the whole Elmo being in the show's title is just to get his "groupies" to come see the show, seeing that he is most popular.:rolleyes:

Oh well.
  18. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Hehe, yeah that is kinda tricky, isn't it? Still, if it works! ;)
  19. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Hey, does anyone know if Frank Oz is performing any of his charcthers in this new show? It really does sound like his Bert on the videos i've been seeing on Youtube. Either VEE's using soundclips from the original show, or Frank himself came in and did a re- recording. So does anyone have proof? There's usually a cast list of the voices in the back of the program.
  20. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member