Sesame Street Live

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anybody else seen the new Sesame Street Live production "Everyone Makes Music"? I hadn't realized it, but it's the first Live production I've seen that they've done in which they've had a real life actor prominently in the show.

In EMM, Jenny is a live actor and she interacts with the various Muppets nearly throughout the whole show. I really think it works well together. I didn't think I was going to like it at first. What really makes this show work, is all the classic Sesame Street references. A lot of classic SS music like "Sing" and "Fuzzy and Blue" are featured. Another great thing they've done this time is try to entertain the adults. They even showed the classic pinball cartoon, which got a lot of parent's attention. Great move! Especially since ticket prices are a tad on the high side, at least the parents can enjoy it as well. Even if they aren't huge Sesame Street fans.

-Cindy

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cindy

Hey,
I only saw Sesame Street Live once when i was younger.

They did a story that was kinda like Follow That Bird something about Big Bird running away with a circus.

It was real good !

But i dont think there were any "real people" in it.

See ya

*Warrick*

Bovegard

Reaction score
I wish "Sesamie Street Live" would come to England.

Bye,
Bovegard

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Bovegard,

Hey it did once already !

It was in the London Docklands Arena, You missed it !

Too Bad !

It was really good, I wonder if it will come back ?

They do tour in Europe in Germany and The Netherlands, But Sesame Street isnt big here any more.

See ya

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Haven't seen Sesame Street Live but I did see the Play with Me Sesame mall tour and there was an actor interacting with the Muppets in that. It worked pretty well and helped connect the Bert and Ernie segments with the Grover segment. The actor was also able to get down into the audience and interact with the kids in a way the 'Muppets' couldn't which was nice.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well I hope I don't mis it next time it comes to England. But it had better come near Wales 'cause I'm moving there soon.

Bye,
Beauregard

Joggy

Reaction score
Yeah, "When I Grew Up" toured here for a month last year. I think it was to celebrate Dutch SS's 25th anniversary. I hope they're gonna do more!

I recently listened to my illegally made audio recording of the COMPLETE show again... ahh, sure brings back memories.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Oooooh....the Pinball Count on the BIG SCREEN. That seriously needs to be burned on a CD for Quinnie.

Can't wait till my pup is old enough to go to some of these. I would think that the disproportionately large Muppets compared with the "Jenny" character would take some getting used to, but as long as she's a good actress, I don't see a problem with it.

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

Treelo

Reaction score
Look for Bear Live to go international next season, too. It isn't 100% for sure just yet, but it is in the works....

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Treelo,

Hey,
I think Bear In The Big Blue House Live would do well here in the UK.

We have got shows like Tweenies live and they do well.

See ya