Sesame Street Missing Muppets

Mister Fred

Reaction score
What ever happened to the following muppets
Dr. Brice, Amazing Mumford, Don Music, Guy Smiley, Simon Sound.

All of the above have been missing for several years. Where are they?

Splurge

Reaction score
Mister Fred said:
What ever happened to the following muppets
Dr. Brice, Amazing Mumford, Don Music, Guy Smiley, Simon Sound.

All of the above have been missing for several years. Where are they?
The Amazing Mumford is still around. In fact, he's in one of the Letter of the Day segments with Cookie Monster. Don Music and Guy Smiley, well, were mostly likely retired after the deaths of Richard Hunt and Jim Henson. I don't know about the other two.... by Dr. Brice, I presume you mean Dr. Nobel Price as addressed by Big Bird?

ssetta

Reaction score
Don Music was actually retired because people complained about his head-banging. Dr. Nobel Brice (I think it is spelled with a 'B') did not last very long. He was on in the early 80s mostly. I have never seen much of him. I think he was an inventor, and whatever it was he had just invented, it would turn out to be something that everybody already knew about. Maybe he was just a one-note character.

Mister Fred

Reaction score
Getting rid of Don Music is as bad as when they discontinued the counting segment with the baker falling down at the end. Getting rid of both of these is not right, both of them were funny.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I vaguely remember dr. nobel brice or price. I never thought I watched sesame street much but through muppet central I remember that I watched it a huge amount! It must have contributed to my interest in puppets.

from,
Paul
:smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Guy Smiley hasnt been seen for a while I believe because he was one of Jim's characters and could not be performed by any other as its a difficult voice to do.

The same thing happened to rowlf the dog, dr teeth and ,many other characters, I have heard!

from,
Paul
:smile:

ssetta

Reaction score
As stated before, they don't really like any of those minor characters anymore. They're too old-fashioned, and kids don't know who they are.

Drtooth

Reaction score
ssetta said:
As stated before, they don't really like any of those minor characters anymore. They're too old-fashioned, and kids don't know who they are.

As you can easily tell, Sesame Workshop callously sold out to Preschoolers...

Hard evidence? DragonTales.....

ssetta

Reaction score
What do you mean callously sold out to preschoolers?

muppet maniac

Reaction score
All I would like to know is..

Whatever happened to these Muppets:

Grungetta
Sherlock Hemlock
Benny Rabbit
Betty Lou