1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame Street Monopoly coming this summer

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Phillip, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Later this summer, a very special Sesame release will be arriving, "Monopoly: Sesame Street 35th Anniversary Collector’s Edition". Check out the preview below from USAopoly's Derek Stucker. From Sherlock Hemlock's Detective Agency to Hooper's Store, you can own it all.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2004/060404.shtml

We will also have a review of the game on-line in the next few days with more photos and info on this anticipated release.

Let us know what you think about this upcoming game.
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Looks cool. But, I still haven't gotten my Muppets Monopoly yet! :(
    Neither did I get my Peanuts Monopoly.

I'm SO far behind my collecting. I only want the pewter pieces, really!
  3. Dr. Bombay

Dr. Bombay Member

:eek: :excited: That is so awesome!!! I would've never thought a SS Monopoly would be made! I can't wait to get it....I love my Muppets Monopoly!
  4. ceecee

ceecee Member

Yay! That will be so fun. I have Simpsons Monopoly, and I didn't even know they made Muppets Monopoly. Or Peanuts Monopoly. I like playing the game, but I always lose. :o
  5. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

I got one today.

This is my 50th post. :) :p
  6. Stulz

Stulz Member

SS or Muppets?

Did you get Sesame Monopoly or Muppet Monopoly? Did you order online or do you have it in hand today?
  7. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

What are the pewter pieces in Sesame Street Monopoly? :)
  8. Phillip

The pewter pieces are: Oscar in trash can, Ernie, Bert, Big Bird, Cookie Monster (with cookie), and Super Grover with cape and helmet.
  9. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

aside from Big Bird, that is the exact same line up of series 1 of the Sesame figures. How odd is that?
  10. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Cool thanks! :cool:

and.. no Elmo!? That's a big surprise and a half (not that I'm complaining though ;) )
  11. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

I am Buying this Baby!! :D

:p :( :grouchy: :)
  12. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Well, from what I read at the MC article, there'll be a property square on the board dedicated to Elmo's World. And the piece of Ernie comes with Rubber Duckie too.
    What I'd like to know is the total properties on the board and how they break down in terms of the color groupings, what the images on the deed cards will be like, what the jail square and free parking square and go to jail square and pass go square will be designed to resemble, and what characters will be on the cover box art.
    In short, I'm looking forward to getting as much info regarding the visuals of the game as possible.
    Thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon.
  13. GPrime1

GPrime1 Member

Too bad there's no Reporter Kermit. I can just read the Chance card now: Sesame Street News Flash, Big Bad Wolf blows down the houses of the Three Little Pigs. Pay $100.
  14. Camellia

Camellia New Member

Sesame St Monopoly

hi, is this in stores yet? if so, which ones?

thanks!
  15. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

It's coming out later this summer...so start saving your $$$ now.

I'm looking forward to this...I've always been a bigger Sesame Street than Muppet Show fan, and I passed on the Muppet Monopoly, but I will be buying this. Maybe I can trick my wife into thinking it's an Anniversary present for her. :p :(

She always wins anyway.
  16. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

I just can't wait to buy this because this would be so good!!!!! :excited: :excited: :excited:
  17. Camellia

Camellia New Member

SS Monopoly - thanks!

thanks for the update on when it will be out.

we have the Muppet Monopoly. the pewter figures are real cute. looking forward to same for SS figures. :)

thanks,
    Camellia
    visit our store for Muppet and Fraggle toys :)
    www.camelliasoftware.com/muppetstore
  18. Pino

Pino Member

Are the pieces like in the original made from metal.. or plastic?
  19. Phillip

They are metal. We'll have a picture of them on-line soon.
  20. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

I saw one at newbury comics today.