Sesame Street on CNN Headline News

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys! There was an appearance by Sesame Street on CNN Headline News on the morning of April 1, 2004. Missed it myself, but they're repeating it near the end of each half-hour segment. Elmo, Grover, and María all showed up at the CNN HN studios in Atlanta, Georgia to talk about the upcoming season priemer/special.
Now we know that Elmo will go back in time thanks to Grover and his "Magical Taxi", and not sure if this is a bit from earlier seasons but there's a Global Grover segment where he'll do the "Peacock Dance" from China.
The segment ended with Elmo doing an impersonation of Donald Trump saying "You're Fired" to everyone there. Again, I'm not sure, but I think that Grover heard Elmo say this and starting begging not to fire him, so Elmo then said "You're Hired."
Hope this helps and hope you guys catch it later today.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I'm on the lookout for it... hopefully it will air again.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, I haven't seen it yet. I wonder if they stopped playing it during the afternoon or something. :confused:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's possible that the spot was pulled from what they have on now as the evening hours and late night shifts start their broadcasts. But it was a good showing, at least María was there with the two Muppets and they sang the numbers refrain from the Pinball Count when reminiscing/talking about the history and the children who used to watch it growing up years ago, and probably still do today.
Well, maybe someone taped it and you guys can trade for the copies.