Sesame Street on Deborah Norville Tonight

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Just got word in my MSNBC Newsletter that SS's Elmo and Grover will be appearing on MSNBC's "Deborah Norville Tonight" on Friday, April 16. The show begins at 9pm/8c.

Enjoy!

Convincing John

Reaction score
This TV Appearance ROCKS!!!

Man! This appearance is so COOL! They've been showing old clips galore! Lots of SS history, and old memories discussed, thanks to Bob. They've given people like Mr. Hooper and Joan Ganz Cooney the respect they deserve. Now THIS is a 35th Anniversary special! Kermit was mentioned, Mr. Hooper has been shown (with audio this time!:concern: ) and even Bill Cosby was shown talking about SS.

Deborah even mentions the "How They Make Crayons" clip!:big_grin:

I hope everyone else is watching this! I missed maybe the first five seconds or so, but everything I have seen is just wonderful. For you fans of the old street, you'll love this!:smile::smile::smile:

Convincing John

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Seems like I missed a lot. I couldn't tear myself away from a Phillies game so I only saw the second half hour. I did see the clip of the Mr. Hooper death scene and Deborah talking to Bob and Carolyn. Whatelse happened before that? I thought it got a little boring at the end with Grover, Rosita and Elmo interviewing her. Just my opinion.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to say this, but I hope Drtooth missed this appearance. If you guys like Trash Gordon from Season 35, then you and especially him will laugh out loud like I did at the appearance of Triangle Bob Trianglepants.
This was a good special, but I thought that Grover got shoved into the back seat so to speak. There was a memory moment about Ernie and Bert fishing, the crayon clip I remember from when I had better vision about the orange crayon, a short clip from when Elmo and María went to the firehouse from Season 33, a clip from Season 1 where Sally meets Mr. Hooper and Willie the Hot Dog Man, a clip with Reporter Kermit at the beginning, and some insight on the tougher episodes.
So now we know about the Divorce episode that got cut.
They also had photos of the cast from Season 1 and how the cast has grown, I'd like someone to help out with just what characters appeared in those photos.
And there was a great ending where I believe most of the cast was present to say goodbye, caught Oscar saying "Get Lost" at the very end.
Was a good show, hokay? Have a great weekend.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For anyone who missed it, "Deborah Norville Tonight" reairs in a couple hours on MSNBC later tonight. It's on again at 2 am eastern/1 am central.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Here's what you missed...

First, they started out with a montage of clips, including bits from "The Street We Live On", including a bit from "Fuzzy and Blue", Bob and Kermit, and Oscar.

Grover smelled the flowers on the table, which he thought were fake, and mentioned them as "A nice synthetic mixture" (Bob cracked up at that) Grover also compared Sesame Street to the Bermuda Triangle.

They mentioned Sesame's beginnings, and character's favorite parts. Bob mentioned working with Victor Borge and Grover liked working with Stevie Wonder. (they showed the clip of them from the early days)!:big_grin:

They mentioned Rosita's daily Spanish word (amigo), Global Grover and Elmo's World (briefly, I might add), and talked about best friends. Grover said "If you're not friends with Big Bird, he could squash you like a little ant on the ground, so you better watch out!" And he also said his best friend was.......(drumroll)
"Kermie baby!":smile:

They...mentioned...:smile:!!!!! Can you believe it???

Cher talks about SS cheering her up, and Bill Cosby mentions watching James Earl Jones reciting the alphabet, and ("yes!") they showed the clip!!!

They also showed the clip from the very first Sesame Street, where Gordon is showing Sally around...and (yes!) they showed Mr. Hooper! Bob talked about Maria getting gray hair, dealing with 9/11 topics and Elmo's visit to the fire house. A funny moment is when Deborah asked Grover if he got to slide down the fire pole. Grover said he got rugburn, but he was okay.

One element you see with Bob is that every time he mentions Mr. Hooper, his voice gets a little shaky. (I think we can all understand that:cry: ).

They also mentioned some celebrities visiting, including First Lady, Mrs. Bush. They also talked about books a little, and Grover's "Cute Little Book of Baby Animals" was mentioned. Deborah accidentally called Elmo "Elmer" at one point! LOL!

And that brings us to the second half, which you saw.

You can tell that Bob really enjoyed this show. I did too!:excited:

Convincing John

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I missed the beginning of the special.

---
They also had photos of the cast from Season 1 and how the cast has grown, I'd like someone to help out with just what characters appeared in those photos.
----------
First season cast photo:
Big Bird,Mr.Hooper,Ernie,Bert,Oscar the Grouch(orange),Susan,Gordon
..and that's all i know

New cast photo:
Big Bird,Snuffy,Ernie,Bert,Grover,Oscar the Grouch,Cookie Monster,The Count,Telly Monster,Baby Bear,Elmo,Zoe,Rosita,roosters,Gordon,Susan,Bob,Gina,Alan,Miles,Gabi,Herry Monster,Maria,Luis,and Dorothy

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I saw the part the two cast photos. At that part I can see where Elmo can be annoying. When they mentioned the characters in the photo Elmo said something about him being there. Hello! Elmo was not in the show's first season and I didn't see him anywhere in the picture. He did comment on the Orange :grouchy: though. I thought that was interesting.

By the way, what was up with the divorce episode? Who was involved in that? Hopefully not Maria and Luis or Susan and Gordon.

I thought the closest they came to talking about divorce was when Kermit interviewed that baby bird who's parents live in two different trees. But I guess that's not what you're referring to.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Will they reaire it tonight? As in the 17 of april?