Sesame Street on POPS what happened?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Well....? Also What happened when Big Bird went to the white house?
Any Pictures?
from
BARRY LEE:confused:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Do you mean "Evening at Pops"? Sesame Street has appeared on the Boston Pops program twice that I know of: 1971 and 2000.

Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops were also prominently featured on the excellent special Sesame Street Presents Peter & the Wolf.

Does anyone know of any other appearances?

zns

Reaction score
Well, I know this is an old thread, but there are articles about the pops appearance from 1971 and 2001 on the Muppet Wiki. Anyway, I am still desperately trying to find the 1971 performance and hope that someone who has it or has old episodes from the pops may have it. I am just dying to see it.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Well....? Also What happened when Big Bird went to the white house?
Any Pictures?
from
BARRY LEE:confused:
i have been wondering the same thing Barry i hope that they will find some and post them here soon

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Though is was before my time I saw the 1971 SS special once 9 or 10 years after it was made though I can't seem to remember
exactly what went on.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I don't believe there are any available but I could be wrong.

zns

Reaction score
I'm currently on the verge of trying to locate this program once again. (it's very easy for me to go from one thing to another) I have gone on a couple of John Williams fan sites (he hosted the 1981 rebroadcast) and have tried to contact people who know about this program and if they know someone who has it. If I find it, I'll let everyone know.