1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame Street on POPS what happened?

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Barry Lee, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Well....? Also What happened when Big Bird went to the white house?
    Any Pictures?
    from
    BARRY LEE:confused:
  2. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Do you mean "Evening at Pops"? Sesame Street has appeared on the Boston Pops program twice that I know of: 1971 and 2000.

Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops were also prominently featured on the excellent special Sesame Street Presents Peter & the Wolf.

Does anyone know of any other appearances?
  3. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Well, I know this is an old thread, but there are articles about the pops appearance from 1971 and 2001 on the Muppet Wiki. Anyway, I am still desperately trying to find the 1971 performance and hope that someone who has it or has old episodes from the pops may have it. I am just dying to see it.
  4. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

i have been wondering the same thing Barry i hope that they will find some and post them here soon
  5. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Though is was before my time I saw the 1971 SS special once 9 or 10 years after it was made though I can't seem to remember
    exactly what went on.
  6. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

Is there any photos?
  7. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I don't believe there are any available but I could be wrong.
  8. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

ok. I will look in to it tough.
  9. zns

zns Well-Known Member

I'm currently on the verge of trying to locate this program once again. (it's very easy for me to go from one thing to another) I have gone on a couple of John Williams fan sites (he hosted the 1981 rebroadcast) and have tried to contact people who know about this program and if they know someone who has it. If I find it, I'll let everyone know.