1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame Street on The Today Show (March 31)

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Phillip, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Elmo and some friends from Sesame Street are scheduled to be on NBC's Today Show later this morning in celebration of Sesame Street's 35th anniversary.

Check out the appearance and let us know what you think!
  2. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Very nice. I liked the clips they showed.
  3. Aiya

Aiya New Member

They were great! Grover was hilarious in the control room!
  4. Phillip

Yeah, it was a fantastic appearance with a lot of characters: Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Zoe, Elmo and Grover in the featured segment. The history of the show was nice and so were the clips from the upcoming season and Sunday's prime time special.

Baby Bear, Elmo, Grover, Big Bird and Zoe also appeared on the Today Show plugging the anniversary at different times throughout the second hour. The bits with Grover directing were hilarious. Just some fantastic stuff all around.
  5. FragglettesMom

FragglettesMom New Member

I'm sorry to say I missed the part where Grover was in the control booth. Do you think that since Cookie and Grover were there , that possibly Frank Oz was doing grover?
  6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Darn. I missed it. Hopefully, I'll remember to catch Count von Count tonight. After all, he hasn't been on Sesame Street in a while, other than the "Number of the Day" segments. It would be good to see him back in the spotlight.

By the way, in response to FraglettesMom's post, I believe most of the time Eric plays Grover and David Rudman plays Cookie Monster.
  7. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Well, it didn't sound like Frank Oz's Grover, so no.

Grover was Eric Jacobson and Cookie was David Rudman or someone, correct?
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Crap! It would have to be today... not tommorrow... oh well... I probably wouldn't have known about it...

Anyone tape it for future tape trade refference?
  9. Man, I only have the Elmo interview part. Does anybody know if they encore Today episodes? Or tape trading it?
  10. Phillip

You may want to watch Today on Saturday morning. They typically reair some of the segments from the week on Saturdays. This happened just a few weeks ago when they reaired the Sesame Street Live appearance.
  11. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

DARN!!!! I missed I'll try to find record it saturday. Hope I can remember. I have to go to work sat at 10. I miss everything everytime. Oh Daffy whats this thing w/ The Count?
  12. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

He's on MSNBC tonight. You can check the other thread for details on that.
  13. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

After I had wrote that down I spoted that theard but thanks. I loved it it was cool.
  14. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Thanks for telling us in advance....
  15. Phillip

Sorry, I didn't know in advance. Actually, we just happened to have the Today Show on and I heard them plugging the segment for the upcoming hour. Went and posted immediately.

Usually the Sesame and Muppet appearances are scheduled and promoted through TV listings but this one apparently wasn't.

If you need a copy of it, send me an e-mail and I will try to help you out.
  16. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

I was just lucky that I have a radio show to listen to on-line, or I would have missed the tip as well. Because most of the time, we find out that a Muppet will come on "Today" just minutes before they come on.
  17. FragglettesMom

FragglettesMom New Member

Thanks for answering my question about the possibility that Frank Oz may have been behind/under Grover on the Today show . Does Frank Oz ever work on Sesame anymore ? I guess we might find out when we watch the season opener on PBS this Sunday night.
  18. Really, can I have a copy?

E-Mail at lpapovitch@optonline.net