Sesame Street pays tribute to Fred Rogers May 16

SuperGrover

Reaction score
The May 10-16 issue of TV Guide says, "Big Bird, Elmo and other Sesame Street favorites will pay tribute to the late Fred Rogers" at some point during The 30th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards. Airs Friday, May 16, 8 PM/ET on ABC.

Also, apparently during the Emmy telecast, if you go to www.abc.com and click on the "Enhanced TV" link, you can vote for your favorite No.1 most memorable daytime TV moment from the "10 Most Memorable" they have listed there -- one of which is the "Goodbye, Mr. Hooper" episode of Sesame Street from 1983. Then I guess Kelly Ripa will announce the winning moment on the air before the outstanding drama series award.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Travis. Looking forward to the appearance a week from Friday.

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
A May 16th tribute seems overly fitting. It was May 16, 1990 that Jim henson died.:cry:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
You think they'll do a brief tribute to Jim along with it?

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the tribute to Mr. Rogers is going to be live or on tape ?

Basically, is Elmo and Big Bird going to be on the stage in Radio City ? I live in NYC and would go if they are there live, but if its on a tape, its better to watch on TV.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Michael

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Both Emlo and Bear lost to that Evan Steven kid who cursed on live on when he got the award. Something tell me that Emlo wasn't say pimp.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I dunno he could have.....it was nice, but Caroll sounded a little off to me...of course that could just be me:wink:

Sarah

Green Gelfling

Reaction score
i thought the tribute was really cute but i tuned in just after carolls bit. and i did see a snipped of jim henson during one of the montages<?> they showed.

makes me wish that i was six years old again and watching all the great childrens shows of "my" era.:cry: