1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Street photos from Israel!

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by Tztz, May 3, 2003.

1. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Bring On The Cornbread!! Mmmm!!
  2. Tztz Member

there should be a puppet called cornbread, its a huge idea
  3. Splurge Member

Stranger things have happened. Grover being called "Archibaldo" on Plaza Sesamo, for instance. At least Kroovi sounds close enough to Grover.
  4. Tztz Member

Archibaldo do sounds strange :concern: do this word have any meaning??
  5. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Oddly enough on the Current US Season, Cookie Monster and
    Cookie Hood sang a song about what cookies are called in other Languages. Oogie was mentioned for Israel!

But I do think Naming Grover "little Cabbage" is far weirder than calling him "Archie" (Archabaldo). Of course. Grover is an odd name in and of itself. I've only heard of Grover Cleveland... that's it!
  6. Tztz Member

cookie is OOGIYA in hebrew
  7. CherryPizza Member

When was it cancelled? I was under the impression that the program was launched in recent years (1998 if I recall correctly)... and as recently as last year there were stories about the show having to change its name from "Sesame Street" to "Sesame Stories" because the concept of Israeli and Palestinian characters mingling on a "street" where everybody belongs was not possible in the politcal climate.

Have the powers that be stopped the show from being able to exist in any form?
  8. Splurge Member

Most likely the Latin version of Archibald. I guess that's what Archie is short for.
  9. Tztz Member

10. BlueFrackle Active Member

Tztz,

Does Sesame Stories have new Muppets ?

Or does it use the same Muppets as Shara'a Simsim and Rechov Sumsum ?

Ifso, What are the Muppets names. And can you make pictures of them please?

thanks
  11. Tztz Member

there r two new puppets. not very successful as the old ones i believe. there names r: brosh & noah. they r operated by a very talented pupeteers. noah is operated by Gilles Ben-Daviv (famous for Moishe Oofnik). brosh is operated by Avi Yakir ( famous for the old character from the B&W TV era; Kishkashta).

fortunately i did took some screenshots from from the first chapter and will put it here soon!
  12. Typo Lad New Member

I am SO happy to hear that Rechov Sumsum lives on in some form...I miss that show.
  13. CherryPizza Member

14. BlueFrackle Active Member

Tzt,

Hey,
    Can you share those pictures please ?

I cant wait to see them !

see ya
  15. Tztz Member

ok
    tonight i am going to upload them to my server. i
  16. kroovi New Member

i will try to transalate the artical. it will be a bit of a short cut:

there will be two new characters: childish noah and pedantic brosh. some of the old characters will go on like cookie monster, grover, bert and arnie.

the show is made with the help of sesame workshop. the show teaches to good values like respect, no violence and culture.

the show is also made in Jordan and in the palastinian authority. in every chapter there will be ahort films about kiks in israel, jordan and palastinian authority (Jews and Arabians). there will also be short animation films based on kids stories.

most of the production team worked also in the erlier version of sesame street.

today i finally got to see a chapter and iyt was nice but i liked the old characters more (i mise ofnick). next week i am going to where it show is shoot (to see the filmung of another puppets tv series) and i really hope to get a look at the puppets :halo: .
  17. Mumu Talpaz New Member

Re: Grover = Kruvi

D'var Acher (Another Interpretation): Maybe the name Kruvi is really derived from "K'ruv" = "cherub", with Kruvi meaning "angelic" or "cherubic".

According to a hebrew SS picture dictionary I have, Super Grover = Kruvi Ahuvi ('beloved cherub??')

I did a post about a year ago with the Hebrew names of SS characters in that dictionary.

- MT (=Guy Smiley)
  18. Drtooth Well-Known Member