Sesame Street Protos

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
Hi all! I have been a long-time lurker on this board & have been a long-time poster on the old Palisades board (now the Creatus Maximus board).

For those of you who don't know me, I am ALWAYS looking for prototypes from the unproduced Sesame Street line from Palisades. If you have protos of SS or other protos, I would be very interested in hearing about it. Thanks! Tim

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Timmy! Ribban-rorf-ribban-rorf! Tim-ma!

Great to have you here pal. You know my collection's got the full S1 gang... Two-Headed Monster and Uncle Deadly in back, Ernie, Guy Smiley, and Oscar all in front of my computer monitor. The only other Muppet proto I have is Lew Zealand, and that was a very generous gift, which is why I reciprocated in kind. Still haven't gone after the nesting area playset... Hope Ken's still got it for sale by next summer though.

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
Hey there, Count! Haven't heard from you in a while. I had noticed you post here more often than the other board. Oh, I never forget that you have the painted protos of all S1 of the SS figs. I'm hoping one day you would want to sell them to me. Those would be fantaisic in my cabinet! I'm really hoping Ken puts some of his other SS protos on e-Bay in a regular auction soon. I can't even think about affording his buy it now auctions.

That's cool about your other protos. I think you know, but I have the "toilet head" Animal & a painted FEP Rowlf. I'm pretty content with just those, but I would consider some other proto if it was really special.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... I'm much more active here what with the discussions I participate in like the MC Dorms, nagging/reviewing in the FanFictional stories that get posted, and work with getting Sesame Street episodes or Muppet characters defined or identified. Will pop in at CMX from time to time, it's a bit hard to get in on the conversations there when I don't have access to the articles that get posted with each KBZ figure.

If you ever get Oscar, you'll love that proto figure. Though it's tough to get his arms removed and then reattached either to get him to look right inside or outside the can. He's got his feet attached underneath the can and stands with his head in full view. Haven't played with that feature in a long while... And yeah, once the doors get added, I'll probably get back on the haunting trail to fill the remaining gaps in my collection.

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
Ok, well this is getting REAL old. I posted my previous "post" as a new thread in the Action Figures forum. Hoping to get the maximum amount of traffic, I posted it as a new thread somewhere so people would see it. Apparently the thread police have specific ideas as to where posts go with no wiggle room. To whomever moved my thread.. thanks for hiding this here WITHIN a thread so no one can see it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ahem... Timmy, you misunderstand the move. The reason the extra thread was moved/merged with this one wasn't in order to hide the photo of your SST proto figures. Rather, because the one thread about your proto figure collection already existed, it made sense to have the thread with the photos together with this one. It helps cut down on the amount of extra multiple threads here at the forums and people can zip to one specific place where they'd be able to find all relevant discussion on a particular topic. If you need further proof, when you're browsing through the forums' sections, take a look at the two sets of numbers beneath a thread title. The first one tells you how many peple have posted in the thread, whereas the second informs you as to how many have actually come in to read/see the thread's actual content.

Hope this helps explain things a little better, and don't take it personally buddy.

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
I know I know, I wasn't thinking clearly last night. To make a long story short, it was a long day. I'm just not used to my stuff getting moved around like this. The point of my first SS proto thread was to inform people that I wanted more protos, so I put it in the "buy sell trade" forum where I thought it belonged. The purpose of the second thread that got moved here was to show off my collection in the "action figures" forum. I've just never been a part of a message board that was policed like this one. I was looking for maximum traffic while the moderator was looking to cut down on threads. Oh well. I guess I'll have to get used to it. Nothing personal, just seemed strange to me. No hard feelings.

Telly

Reaction score
I'm kind of a completist. So in the long run, I'm glad (well not glad actually) that the Sesame Street line didn't get off the runway only to be cancelled after the first wave. I couldn't stand having Ernie but not Bert. :frown:

It still bothers me to have Johnny but no Sal! I'm kinda used to seeing him as a solo cuz of my display shelf that when I watch Muppets Tonight or whatever, it's like "I forgot about Sal!"