1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Sesame Street Records Returns

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by sesamemuppetfan, Nov 27, 2018.

1. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Wait, they're partnering with WMG?

God help us all. . . .

3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Last month they started Sesame Street Catalog and put out some new compilations (with no previously-unreleased tracks), I wonder if they're just re-naming that or if this is a completely different thing (the press release does mention those albums that were just recently released).

One thing mentioned in the press released is an "All-Times Favorites", I feel like it said that would be a series of albums (like the recent "letters" series), as opposed to a single "Sesame Street All-Time Favorites". I wonder how they'll go about it, I assume character-based ("Elmo's All-Time Favorites", "Bert and Ernie's All-Time Favorites", etc.), but it would be great if they could put out albums focusing on decades (though would they leave out 1969 and do "1970s All-Time Favorites" and so on?). I'd like to see an "Old School Secondary Cast All-Time Favorites" focusing on songs from characters who don't have a particularly big back catalog of songs.

4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I'm glad this is happening. Aside from the "Elmo Slide," I don't think there's been single never-before-released track since the Songs of the Street album. I look forward to replacing some of my homemade mp3s with studio quality ones.

5. sesamemuppetfan

I couldn't have said it better myself!

6. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Really exciting news indeed!

[​IMG]

sesamemuppetfan likes this.
  7. sesamemuppetfan

8. LittleJerry92

I mentioned this on another thread, but man, you know what's one song I'd like to hear as a studio recording?

Danger's No Stranger.

It would be nice to jam to it without having to hear the wooshing DANGER words floating around and the explosions and car beeps, etc.

9. sesamemuppetfan

True. I've noticed how on a lot of Sesamstrasse CDs/cassettes, the songs are usually played the same way they were seen on TV complete with all opening/closing dialogue, sound effects, and everything in between, while on American CDs, a lot of the aforementioned stuff was cut out. But yeah, that's definitely 1 song I'd love to hear without all the sound effects.

In general, I hope they pull out the big guns on unreleased music like crazy!

10. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I hope they can try and make sure any unreleased tracks are studio recordings / masters and not like some of the stuff from Songs of the Street which just rips the audio straight from the air (so you get all the sound effects and whatnot).

11. sesamemuppetfan

As I mentioned previously, Sesamstrasse did that with practically every song they released on CD/cassette...so I kind of won't be surprised if it happens with an American CD.

12. LittleJerry92

13. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I hope to see songs like Count Me In and What Is Friend on there.

14. sesamemuppetfan

For now, we'll just have to wait and see. I'm not saying they won't be included, but once they start releasing music, we'll find out.

15. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I can't wait to find out what's eventually going to be released.

16. minor muppetz

I saw a press release that mentioned "All Time Favorites", not sure if that's intended as a line of releases like the recent "letters" line or just a stand-alone release, but I have been thinking about it, as if it were a series of character spotlight releases. I know some of the recent "letters series" albums were character spotlights, but I'm thinking better character spotlight albums.

I'm thinking maybe have a few familiar songs that have been released on many albums (mainly their best-known songs that casual fans would expect to be included, even if they've been on more albums than any other song) and then primarily other songs that haven't had an audio release (though would really rare songs have a real place on an "All-Time Favorites" album?).

A few wishlist examples of what I have in mind:

Elmo's All-Time Favorites
    1. Elmo's Song
    2. Elmo's Ducks
    3. Happy Tapping
    4. Dancing (with Alicia Keys)
    5. Hot and Cold (with Katy Perry... surely they wouldn't object to including the audio on an album)
    6. Share (the version with Zoe)
    7. Elmo's Riding
    8. The Elmo Slide
    9. Elmo's Got the Moves
    10. A Monster Went and Ate my Red Two (with Elvis Costello)
    11. Celebrity Lullabies (with Ricky Gervais)

And maybe a few selections from Elmo: The Musical (or maybe that segment series could get its own album compilation).

Bert and Ernie's All-Time Favorites
    1. One and One Make Two
    2. Rubber Duckie
    3. Doin' the Pigeon
    4. But I Like You
    5. My Rock
    6. Imagine That
    7. Don't Throw That Trash on the Ground
    8. Bert's Blanket
    9. When Bert's Not Here
    10. Things That I Remember
    11. Share (the version with Ernie and Elmo)
    12. Somebody Come and Play
    13. Imagination (either of the two versions with Ernie and Bert)
    14. Sleep
    15. Change the Plan
    16. This is How I Roll
    17. El Duckito
    18. The Bert and Ernie of Sesame Street

(hmm, I wonder if "Rubber Duckie" and "Doin' the Pigeon" should be the same versions released everywhere, or if it'd be better to include the disco versions from Sesame Street Fever)

Cookie Monster's All-Time Favorites
    1. C is for Cookie
    2. What is Friend?
    3. Cookie
    4. Gingerbread Man
    5. If Moon Was Cookie
    6. You Make Me Love You
    7. The First Time Me Eat Cookie
    8. Goodbye Little Cookie
    9. Healthy Food (the version with Wylan Jean)
    10. A Cookie is a Sometimes Food
    11. Me Am What Me Am
    12. Share It Maybe
    13. Me Want It (But Me Wait)
    14. Good Things Come to Those Who Wait
    15. The Cookie Monster Nosh

17. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I just want to hear songs that weren't released ever on Records, 8 Tracks, Cassettes and CDs. But I can't wait to see and hear what they put out.

18. minor muppetz

Last night I posted a wishlist of potential "All Time Favorites" albums, and now I see that the albums have already been released and their contents on the wiki.

So they're "All-Time Favorites 1" and "All-Time Favorites 2", and it seems like they're primarily re-organized versions of Platinum All-Time Favorites and Platinum Too.

The official press release was exciting, but these releases seem just as disappointing as the other recent ones. It's natural to include the stuff that's been on so many albums, it's disappointing they didn't at least include some post-1998 songs, but some of the choices are weird, mainly things like "The Macarena" and nursery rhymes from various albums.

19. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I would like to see re-release of older albums like Born To Add and Monster Melodies with the infamous banned song.

20. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I always thought that they did that because YouTube didn't exist yet at the time.