Sesame Street robots

mikealan

Reaction score
Let's name all of the robots that are on SS. I hope anyone would name any others. Here are the ones I remembered.

Sam the Robot
A cartoon robot who had a lot of feelings
A little robot on the "R" segment on SS of today
Live robots from the live segment with toys and robots

Gonzo

Reaction score
If you're counting the cartoon robots, then you may also want to count R2-D2 and C-3PO, who both made two appearances on Sesame Street...

And what about the typewriter guy? Would he count as a robot?

It's a shame he's been fired since typewriters don't exist anymore. They should have an upgraded version of him that's a laptop or something...

Quinnnnnnnnn

mikealan

Reaction score
Uh, Gonzo, the Typewriter Guy is NOT a robot!

He is a red talking typewriter in wheels.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
theres that robot in Brazil thats just called "Robot" but i think he looks more like a rock

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
Originally posted by mikealan

i consider any machine with human like characteristics a robot

ssetta

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo

It's a shame he's been fired since typewriters don't exist anymore. They should have an upgraded version of him that's a laptop or something...
That actually isn't a bad idea! It could be one of those very futuristic-looking computer animations, and it would be a laptop that sits on a stand that rolls around, and his eyes would be above the screen. And maybe instead of just saying "noo noo noo," maybe he could make a few computer noises as he rolled along.

Actually, there is this one old skit they updated. I don't know if you remember this alphabet segment where they wrote each individual letter a different way. It was a kid voiceover, and they wrote an "a" in the sand, made a "b" with rocks, drew a "c" with chalk, and they did each letter differently. Now that isn't really dated, but from letters t-z, they used a typewriter, or some means of old technology. In one show, where Maria bought a new computer for the fixit shop, they used that skit, but updated the "t-z" portion, so it would be more contemporary.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by mikealan

*grunt*

Sorry.

Quinnnnn