1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Street Season 33 reruns

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Phillip Administrator

Beginning today, Sesame Street is re-airing the season premiere and following episodes from this year's season. A really good episode will be airing this Thursday. It's about the opening of the "Mail-It Shop" which opens in place of the "Fix-It Shop". It's a great chance to watch this year's episodes from the beginning. Let us know what you think about the new season and the many changes.

You can find out more about the changes on the street at the links below...

Sesame Street is about to be repaved

9/11 echoes on Sesame Street
  2. EmmyMik New Member

Sheesh. First Sesame Street changes. Then we get a new message board. What next? We learn that Gonzo is no longer a "whatever"?
  3. Jackie New Member

Wait! Gonzo is an Alien!! Aaaaaah! What is the world coming to?
  4. EmmyMik New Member

I know!

I think I need a muffin...
  5. scarecroe Active Member

Re-runs already? Didn't season 33 just start? How many episodes are there per season? Will there be no more new eps for this season?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
  6. matleo Active Member

Yes, My understanding is that they've reduced the number of eps SS makes from like 50 to 30. This has been a sad continuing trend for the last few years. I don't know the exact numbers off-hand. Hopefully one of our occaisional 'lurkers" will post this info. On a similar note, Between the lions has only made about 7 new episodes for this year and 8 for next. That's down from about 30 (first season) and 24 (last season). And it does not look like BTL will make any more episodes. ...Sad times....

--MAtt
  7. Phillip Administrator

I believe Sesame did record 50 episodes this year, beginning with 3981 which aired today. The 33rd season began on Monday February 4th, 10 weeks ago.
  8. scarecroe Active Member

Sad indeed! Does this mean that after next season BTL is done with? That would be too bad. From what little I've seen of the show I liked. Did I hear that they did some crossovers with Sesame Street, or the other way around?
  9. Phillip Administrator

Ernie and Bert, and also Big Bird have been on Between the Lions, there are possibly others.
  10. matleo Active Member

And Elmo has appeared in the "Dancin' SmartyPants" video. I don't remember when Seasons 3 and 4 are supposed to air. I think it's like 7 new episodes next month and another 7 in '03. incidentally, Kathy Mullen and Peter Linz are no longer with the show (Peter had scheduling conflicts with BITBBH) so there roels will be filled by Pam (Grungetta) Arciero as Leona and Tim (SmartyPants/Busterfiled) Lagasse as Theo. They've both done an excellent job with it. Tim you'll barely notice the difference and Pam's doen a real great job of retaining the character bu also making it her own. truthfully, I kind of like Pam's Leona better. it's softer and gentler. It's acatully a lot like Mokey and less like Cotterpin.

--Matt
  11. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Reruns? That may not be so bad. A coupla days ago, they had an episode where Telly and Oscar (supposedly) go on a road trip. I only saw clips, cause I had something else to do. I can tell it was a good episode, harking back to the days where Telly annoyed Oscar, and didn't buddy naround with a less funny and angry character. Oh, a varient of the BTL "dance in Smarty Pants" video has Bert in liu of Elmo. (He kinda looked like he was...doin' the pidgeon!