Sesame Street Season 33 reruns

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Beginning today, Sesame Street is re-airing the season premiere and following episodes from this year's season. A really good episode will be airing this Thursday. It's about the opening of the "Mail-It Shop" which opens in place of the "Fix-It Shop". It's a great chance to watch this year's episodes from the beginning. Let us know what you think about the new season and the many changes.

You can find out more about the changes on the street at the links below...

Sesame Street is about to be repaved

9/11 echoes on Sesame Street

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Sheesh. First Sesame Street changes. Then we get a new message board. What next? We learn that Gonzo is no longer a "whatever"?

Jackie

Reaction score
Wait! Gonzo is an Alien!! Aaaaaah! What is the world coming to?

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
Wait! Gonzo is an Alien!! Aaaaaah! What is the world coming to?
I know!

I think I need a muffin...

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re-runs already? Didn't season 33 just start? How many episodes are there per season? Will there be no more new eps for this season?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

matleo

Reaction score
Yes, My understanding is that they've reduced the number of eps SS makes from like 50 to 30. This has been a sad continuing trend for the last few years. I don't know the exact numbers off-hand. Hopefully one of our occaisional 'lurkers" will post this info. On a similar note, Between the lions has only made about 7 new episodes for this year and 8 for next. That's down from about 30 (first season) and 24 (last season). And it does not look like BTL will make any more episodes. ...Sad times....

--MAtt

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe Sesame did record 50 episodes this year, beginning with 3981 which aired today. The 33rd season began on Monday February 4th, 10 weeks ago.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by matleo
And it does not look like BTL will make any more episodes. ...Sad times....
Sad indeed! Does this mean that after next season BTL is done with? That would be too bad. From what little I've seen of the show I liked. Did I hear that they did some crossovers with Sesame Street, or the other way around?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ernie and Bert, and also Big Bird have been on Between the Lions, there are possibly others.

matleo

Reaction score
And Elmo has appeared in the "Dancin' SmartyPants" video. I don't remember when Seasons 3 and 4 are supposed to air. I think it's like 7 new episodes next month and another 7 in '03. incidentally, Kathy Mullen and Peter Linz are no longer with the show (Peter had scheduling conflicts with BITBBH) so there roels will be filled by Pam (Grungetta) Arciero as Leona and Tim (SmartyPants/Busterfiled) Lagasse as Theo. They've both done an excellent job with it. Tim you'll barely notice the difference and Pam's doen a real great job of retaining the character bu also making it her own. truthfully, I kind of like Pam's Leona better. it's softer and gentler. It's acatully a lot like Mokey and less like Cotterpin.

--Matt