Sesame Street Season 35 New Characters

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings from the Count! Thought I'd start up a thread asking about the new characters from the new season of Sesame Street to help further along my Muppet Listings, given that I have blind batty eyes and you guys might be able to help me out better than most others.

So, let's get started.
Episode 1: The Street we Live on.
1 Besides Cookie, Zoe, Grover, and Elmo...
What were the other monsters that took part in the Monsters Parade?
2 During the end song, who was the character that sang the line: "This is the place where my roots took root."
It sounded like a Kevin Clash character.
If you could, please provide a name and full description of what this character looked like.
3 Should Ming Peacock from the Global Grover segment be counted?
Was this a real Muppet character or just an animated character?
If you could, please provide a description of what this one looked like.
4 Should the Nursery Rhyme characters that appeared in Journey to Ernie be counted?
Are these real Muppet characters or just Animated characters?

Episode 2: The Best Pet in the World.
5 Who were all the characters that showed up during the song with B.B. King?
There were some that were kind of back-up for B.B. King when he sang that without the letter B we wouldn't have a beard.
Please provide names and descriptions of these obscure characters.
6 Should Trash Gordon be counted as a new character?
If you could, please post descripts of what he looked like.
7 Should the Mudongs (if that's correctly spelled) be counted as new characters?
If you could, please provide descripts of what they looked like.

Will post more on an episode-by-episode basis. Thanks for all your help and have a great night.

Cheebo

Reaction score
"1 Besides Cookie, Zoe, Grover, and Elmo...
What were the other monsters that took part in the Monsters Parade?"

HERRY!!!!(Or is it Harry? Not postive on spelling) :frown: Also the 4 monster clubhouse monsters. Names are Mel, Narf, and uh... I forgot the other two.

"2 During the end song, who was the character that sang the line: "This is the place where my roots took root."
It sounded like a Kevin Clash character.
If you could, please provide a name and full description of what this character looked like."

It was the tree with a cgi face. Tree's don't have names. It wasn't a muppet or anything... It was a skinny little tree but it had a little cgi mouth and eyes.

"3 Should Ming Peacock from the Global Grover segment be counted?
Was this a real Muppet character or just an animated character?
If you could, please provide a description of what this one looked like."

Yes it was a muppet. Description? It was blue with a yellow beak. And it had kinda a greenish brown peacock tail thingy.

"4 Should the Nursery Rhyme characters that appeared in Journey to Ernie be counted?
Are these real Muppet characters or just Animated characters?"

They were animations, not muppets.

Havent seen 2 yet (my PBS is a day behind) so can't help there.
I can help with the made for DVD Whats The Name Of That Song? 35th special if you have questions about characters on that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There were only 3 of the Monster clubhouse monsters, Narf, Mel, and Google.

The tree, as Cheebo said was a short CGI gag, and I don't think it was ment to be a character.

I'm not too sure, but the muppet Peacock may have had actual peacock feathers for it's extravagant tail.

So far, the only other new character I spotted was an anything muppet clown. I couldn't really discribe it to you, becasue it moves by so fast, I got a brief glipse at it.....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Cheebo, don't feel to bad about not watching the second episode yet, just so long as forum members come in here and help me out during the course of the season and we get all of them answered and sorted out. That, my friend is the main thing.

1 Monsters Parade.
So far we have Cookie, Zoe, Herry, Mel, Narf, Phoebe, Grover, and Elmo at the end.
That's only 8 Monsters! Who were the other two monsters seen in the parade?
2 As soon as you can, please answer the questions posted from each episode in this thread, so that we can get them all answered and then added to the listings.
3 Drtooth, even you saw it just briefly, would that clown from the JTBB segment count? What I mean is was it an actual Muppet character or just a rudimentary CGI animated character?

Oh, and if you guys spot any other characters that you think should be added, please come in here and say their names and give a good description of what they look like so I'll be a bit familiar with them in the future.
Thanks and hope to get replies from you guys on the remaining questions soon.

Cheebo

Reaction score
The clown was a muppet. Also it was purple and its costume was yellow if I remember right.
Now I saw #2 I can help!

"Episode 2: The Best Pet in the World.
5 Who were all the characters that showed up during the song with B.B. King?
There were some that were kind of back-up for B.B. King when he sang that without the letter B we wouldn't have a beard.
Please provide names and descriptions of these obscure characters."

Bert, Baby Bear, Big Bird, & Two Anything Muppets with removable beards(no names). One was purple with brown hair/beard and the other was fat, blue, and with black hair(bald spot on top) and black hair.

"6 Should Trash Gordon be counted as a new character?
If you could, please post descripts of what he looked like."

I don't think so. It was pretty much just Gordon dressed up and pretending to be a Super Hero. His suit was mostly yellow with some red and blue.

"7 Should the Mudongs (if that's correctly spelled) be counted as new characters?
If you could, please provide descripts of what they looked like."

Yes, since they were muppets. They looked a bit like a grouch. One was gray and one was tan. Both had brown furry snots.

P

Philo and Gunge

Count, if you need it Google's name used to be Mooba and Pheobe's name used to be Groogle.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Count said:
3 Drtooth, even you saw it just briefly, would that clown from the JTBB segment count? What I mean is was it an actual Muppet character or just a rudimentary CGI animated character?
The clown was a Muppet, and it appeared just before Ernie entered the cartoon world. If I didn't have the early moring class today, I would have seen it again, but it was very brief. it honked a bike horn in it's hand, and it ran away. It had been on screen no longer than 2 seconds.

About the Mudlongs... from what I saw, they have snouts like little trumpets, furry. I think one was a muddy dull brown, and the other was a muddy gray!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, thanks guys, this is great. So far we have from Season 35...
Ming Peacock, to be added to ML 11.
Trash Gordon, to be added to ML 11.
(Reason being that it's a superhero-like character and that counts for a second identity character distinct from Gordon himself.)
The Mudlongs, is this the correct spelling or is it "Mudongs"?
These will be added to ML 11 as well.
The Clown, is this the one that kept swinging by past Ernie? And do you think it would be best to add it under this heading?
B.B. King's Backup Singers, do you think this to be the best way to add these two as an entry in my ML?
Well, hope to hear from you guys soon.

PS: Philo and Gunge, where did you get the names "Mooba" and "Groogle" from? In what sketch did these characters appear named as such? Was it on Sesame Street or some other Henson production? If they were named so on another JHC production, then which? And did their appearance differ from their Monster Clubhouse appearances? If so, please enlighten me to these differences.
Hope to hear from you soon.

P

Philo and Gunge

The Count said:
PS: Philo and Gunge, where did you get the names "Mooba" and "Groogle" from? In what sketch did these characters appear named as such? Was it on Sesame Street or some other Henson production? If they were named so on another JHC production, then which? And did their appearance differ from their Monster Clubhouse appearances? If so, please enlighten me to these differences.
Hope to hear from you soon.
They were called these names during their debut in season 32 in the Monster Clubhouse segmetns, the names changed for some odd reason.