1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Street Season 42 News

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Drtooth, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

beakerboy12 likes this.
  2. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

Wow! It's nice that they're filming new letter/number intros! I really feel like throwing Ovejita into the mix will help give Murray something to work off of! Murray Has A Little Lamb was and is still a great segment mostly because of the interaction between Murray and Ovejita and the interaction between Murray and the people, so it'll be great to see these intros getting that interaction too!

Moving back to Frank Oz, it's awesome that he's still involved with Sesame! His comedic skill is just amazing and it's great that they still keep a little hold of that now. SuperMonster is hilarious, it's a great example of how Frank can make a scene fantastically funny! The interaction between him and Jerry when doing Grover and Mr. Johnson is just priceless! I just love that he's still doing these inserts! It's super :super:!
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Is... Is Sesame Workshop listening to us? Because I've been saying that the past season. They're listening to a nigh on 30 year old? Hmm. Nah, I'm sure that's just common sense to throw Ovejita in there.

AND check it out... the tune in number segment is much shorter ! So more time for the other segments. O-O-O-O-O-OH!

Love the little blooper, where Murray said that Elmo was next when it was actually Super Grover. Freudian slip of sorts?
  4. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I agree. It's a start but I still miss the old letter/number of the day sketches with the Count and Cookie Monster. It would be neat to have them interact with Murray every once in a while.
  5. Drtooth

I don't because they showed them way too many times.
  6. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Lol yeah I agree with Drtooth on that one. I think season 39 got it right, incorporating the letter-number bits with whatever the particular street story was. It kind of took you back to the old "magazine format" days.

Still, I'm glad at least Ovejita will be featured with Murray in the tune-ins now. As already said, it will give him something to play off of.
  7. Drtooth

I really had problems with seeing the Count counting on his pip organ too many times. Especially the time where he said something like "It's time to figure out...GRRRRRRR! what's the number of the day... Hmmmm!" That one came at the end of a LOOOOOOONG day of filming, didn't it? I love the Count and all, but once they started having him sing with the Countess, watch 6 Feet Under, and count how many sheep come by until one of them's an elephant.
    ISNorden likes this.
  8. InvaderZim

InvaderZim Member

I'm glad that there'll be new intros for the letter/number segments with Murrary for season 42 instead of reusing the ones from season 40 over and over again like in last season.
  9. Drtooth

Though, they will CLEARLY reuse these ones. That makes the shortness all the better.

What I didn't like about the letter/number tune ins WAS the fact that they were reused AND long.
  10. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Well, if they'd come up with some new ideas rather than showing the same ones over and over again it wouldn't be so bad. Just something to think about.
  11. Drtooth

It's not so much about coming up with new ideas as it is PAYING for new footage. It's not cheap by any means, and no one bought enough singing dancing Elmos to give SW their profit back to put into the show.

Now, I understand they have to recycle quite a lot in the show and all, but the problem isn't what's recycled, but how they use it, and how long what they have to recycle is. Long Abby's Flying Fairy Schools every single day? No. Shorter number and letter segments? Sure.
  12. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

You mean you were expecting big sales of Singing Dancing Elmos? :p
  13. Drtooth

Elmo live was flying TOO close to the sun, my friend. Never mind the 60 dollar kids' toy in a recession... No one saw that coming. But something that's very close to a sentient robot toy for kids? It could either go very good or very, very, very badly. I think they were expecting high sales of singing dancing Elmos since they usually have them. They just went far too far with that last one, and it hurt both SW and Mattel so badly, Mattel came up with Tickle Me Elmo gloves, and SW ran to Hasbro.
  14. Jessica

Jessica Member

Going back to what was said earlier... As a disabled person myself, I feel like there isn't a need for another Linda of the show. Linda was great and all when I was growing up, but she was like an extra to most of us that watched that era of the show. The sign language wasn't something most of us held onto, and we just remember her as the deaf girl on SS.

Writing a character into the show with a disability like Autism would be in poor taste IMO. It is like the promotion of a muppet with down syndrome/bipolar/etc. They wouldn't be able to pull it off no matter how hard they try. You can't market a muppet who sees the world in black and white, and the storylines that they would have in the first place would really concern most people. It's like trying to teach a toddler about divorce and how it's not their fault, but there's nothing they can do about it.

As for SS getting cancelled, I think that it'll just BARELY make it to season 50. And it's not going to be about budget cuts, it won't be because Elmo is losing his popularity, and it won't be because of a celebrity. It'll just be the fact that the cast will realize that they're just not into it anymore.

SS is a flagship show for public broadcasting. They wouldn't get rid of it, even if it started to get stale... As it has in recent years. Just like they probably would have still been funding Mister Rogers if he hadn't retired/died. Only in recent years have they cut off the cooking/travel shows that they used to play between the PBS Kids programming, which used to be my naptime unless they were showing Joy of Painting. If they wanted to add to the lineup, they'd most likely axe repeats or shows that are going nowhere. And there are tons of them at the moment.
    ISNorden likes this.
  15. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I would really like it if they were to go back to using 2 inserts for the letter and number of the day, rather than just 1. That way, there would be more classics.
    ISNorden likes this.
  16. Drtooth

I wouldn't doubt that was a complaint and the reason why the number of the Day tune in is significantly shorter. I gotta admit, I liked Murray counting all that stuff, but it drags on too long. Something similar to a Count counting on his organ segment that's just an introduction would work better.
  17. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind two letter/number segments again (some season 40 eps did that). I do worry that they'll be the same ones we've seen over and over.
  18. Drtooth

They will be... :rolleyes:
    They need to have the Aniboom thing every year... all I'm saying.
  19. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I must say I am impress with knowing that Frank Oz is going to do Grover again this season. I also wished that somehow, someway that the REAL Spider-man showed up in an animated cliping during that Spider-monster segment.

At least to remind the old School fans of Spider-man previous workings within Sesame Workshop. :wisdom:
  20. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

If Oscar's involved in this episode, then you know Caroll Spinney's involved as well. :grouchy:

Man, hearing an episode like this sounds like something from the OLD SCHOOL Sesame Street. I mean the old fun times from the show.:p

Plus the knowledge of seeing Susan back on the show for this episode is truly a bonus for Old School fans of SS everywhere. :wisdom:
    beakerboy12 likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.