Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4517 - Elmo the Grouch

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
This overall was a really good storyline that would still hold up in any era of the show, which is a real compliment.

In my opinion, the only thing that distinguishes this episode from a classic-era episode is the lack of more human cast members. If Elmo acted grouchy towards more people than just Chris, that would have made it clearer and seem like more of an issue for Elmo. That would have been a great way to incorporate more humans like Susan or Bob.

Side note, I'm surprised how few episodes Maria and Gordon have been in this season. Normally they the most prominently-featured classic-era actors.

P.S. I was actually there for this taping. It was cool.
Yeah. I think Roscoe has had some personal issues lately, but I won't get into that there. Though I know Gordon has appeared briefly in some episodes. Not sure about Sonia though. I do recall that they were both in the Macy's parade however.

In my opinion, the only thing that distinguishes this episode from a classic-era episode is the lack of more human cast members. If Elmo acted grouchy towards more people than just Chris, that would have made it clearer and seem like more of an issue for Elmo. That would have been a great way to incorporate more humans like Susan or Bob.
I know what you mean. I watched "Big Bird the Grouch" on You Tube recently and I noticed they got quite a few of the adults in that one as well. I was sort of hoping they'd use the same storyline there.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Skimming through the show. Is it me, or did the street story look sped-up somehow? Not like super speed, but by, like, 10-15%.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
This episode was in one word adorable! I had to crack up at Elmo in the trash can, and that word of the day scene was very funnny! The Grouch Cheer was funny too. If only grouches do it, then I guess Natasha is a grouch!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Who was performing Oscar? (Was Caroll pulling a Jerry/Matt thing or did he dub the voice after or before hand)
Can you please answer that question, @SpinneyBigBird1? Carol hasn't puppeteered Big Bird in a long time. At the recent Mormon concerts and this video that just came out, http://www.funnyordie.com/embed/3ea0a43d3d, Matt did Big Bird. Even on Oscar's appearance on Portlandia, Carol just did the voice. So is he now just doing voices like Jerry did in his later years? I wouldn't be surprised. I mean, he's 81 years old.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I have another story to back this up: Oscar was on the Sunny Side Up Show today, and Eric Jacobson played him. Sometimes he lip-synced to Caroll, other times he did the voice himself. I think Caroll is just doing voices from now on. @Oscarfan, do you get Sprout? If so, Oscar's on tomorrow. Can you record it and put a video on Dailymotion so people can see what I mean? I wish I had capture devices.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't have Sprout at school, so now.

As for a "capture device", all you would need is a DVD recorder and plug it into the TV (and cable box too, I think) with the RCA cables.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I don't have Sprout at school, so now.

As for a "capture device", all you would need is a DVD recorder and plug it into the TV (and cable box too, I think) with the RCA cables.
What does a DVD recorder look like?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Look it up. On the internet. That you're using.