Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4520 - Bert's Sign Painting Challenge

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Season 45 Episode 4520 - Bert's Sign Painting Challenge
Thursday February 19, 2015

A painter, Vincent Van Stop, is looking for a new assistant on Sesame Street to help him paint his famous signs and Bert would like the job, but first he will have to take Vincent Van Stop’s Painting Challenge! Bert is terrified because he gets nervous when taking tests. Will he be able to pass the challenge?

Subject: Literacy, Self-Regulation
Brought to you by: R & 6
Word on the Street: Artist – A person who creates art, such as a painter, singer, dancer, etc.

If you've seen "Bert's Sign Painting Challenge" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? I thought that this was a good episode. I guess maybe everybody is away this week or something. I don't know.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It sure was. Always great to see Bert get his own street story. Proving you can indeed have the character of Bert without Ernie. Also like seeing that guy who did the voice of Olaf the Snowman play Vincent VanStop and all those VanStop merchandising tie ins ("He really knows how to market himself"). While another self regulation episode, it's nice they slightly touched on dyslexia/reading problems that younger kids sometimes have.

And a new Super Grover 2.0. Notice they had the Carmen singing Orange in the background as one of the paintings. Also had the Mr. Noodle painting that was hidden in the background of the Cookie Thief special.

Other than that, there wasn't anything remarkable. Except the Terry Crews thing, but I already mentioned that in the Cookie Thief thread.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This episode was very funny. I liked the Instagram reference and all the different merchandise Van Stop had. The new SG 2.O bit was very good. Nice to see that Ryan is doing other characters besides Elmo. He did the orange in this if you wanna know.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
ANOTHER SEASON 45 EPISODE I'VE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO JUST AIRED TODAY AND I MISSED IT??

Oh well...at least it will be on the PBS Kids website soon...

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
This episode was very funny. I liked the Instagram reference and all the different merchandise Van Stop had. The new SG 2.O bit was very good. Nice to see that Ryan is doing other characters besides Elmo. He did the orange in this if you wanna know.
I'm glad we're finally getting some more posts here. I agree with Ryan doing other characters, maybe we'll see Hoots the Owl again or Clifford. (I know he's not a "Sesame Street" Muppet, but still it would be interesting to some time see what Ryan can do with him.)

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I'm glad we're finally getting some more posts here. I agree with Ryan doing other characters, maybe we'll see Hoots the Owl again or Clifford. (I know he's not a "Sesame Street" Muppet, but still it would be interesting to some time see what Ryan can do with him.)
That would be interesting if he can pull those off. Although, they might be sensitive to having a white person play African-American characters.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I'm not against your thoughts, but I just wanna say upfront that just because Ryan is performing Elmo doesn't mean he's going to perform ALL of Kevin's former characters. Steve and Bill (Barretta) didn't get all of Jim's characters (Waldorf), Eric didn't get get all of Frank's characters (Cookie Monster), Matt hasn't gotten all of Jerry's characters (Droop, Gobo, Herry, Frazzle, left side of The 2-Headed Monster...I don't know if the first 4 count [pun not intended] considering that they weren't officially brought back to the spotlight), and David didn't get all of Richard's characters (Beaker, Statler, Sweetums, Gladys [I know, Gladys then disappeared once again quite awhile ago]).

Again, I'm not saying that your idea won't ever happen, but I'm simply telling you that just because Ryan is the new man behind Elmo doesn't mean he's going to officially take over all of Kevin's characters.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'm not against your thoughts, but I just wanna say upfront that just because Ryan is performing Elmo doesn't mean he's going to perform ALL of Kevin's former characters. Steve and Bill (Barretta) didn't get all of Jim's characters (Waldorf), Eric didn't get get all of Frank's characters (Cookie Monster), Matt hasn't gotten all of Jerry's characters (Droop, Gobo, Herry, Frazzle, left side of The 2-Headed Monster...I don't know if the first 4 count [pun not intended] considering that they weren't officially brought back to the spotlight), and David didn't get all of Richard's characters (Beaker, Statler, Sweetums, Gladys [I know, Gladys then disappeared once again quite awhile ago]).

Again, I'm not saying that your idea won't ever happen, but I'm simply telling you that just because Ryan is the new man behind Elmo doesn't mean he's going to officially take over all of Kevin's characters.
Yeah. That's a good point. Still it would be nice to see those characters pop up from time to time no matter who's performing them. The fact that Ryan was performing other characters sort of caused that thought to pop into my head. Anyway, we'll see what happens.

It's also interesting to note that so far Cookie is the only one of Frank's characters that Eric didn't take over. I can't help but wonder why that is. They say it was to allow more interaction between Cookie and Grover, but I wonder why this wasn't done with other Muppets. Just something to think about.