Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4521 - Papa Bear Goes to Preschool

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Season 45 Episode 4521 - Papa Bear Goes to Preschool
Monday March 30, 2015

Papa Bear is volunteering at Baby Bear’s school, but he has a lot to learn. Baby Bear explains to his father that preschool is different from home and that there are a different set of rules he has to follow.

Subject: Self-Regulation
Brought to you by: V & 17
Word on the Street: Greeting – A polite way to say ‘hello.’

If you've seen "Papa Bear Goes to Preschool" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I liked that they redid the Grover/Fat Blue segment about the letter V. I believe they used Frank's Grover for this one. Plus that was a good new segment with Grover and Michelle Obama.

Last edited:

cahuenga

Reaction score
I liked that they redid the Grover/Fat Blue segment about the letter B. I believe they used Frank's Grover for this one. Plus that was a good new segment with Grover and Michelle Obama.
And Fat blue was Jerry Nelson´s voice? I cant wait to see that!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Between this episode and the one about Stinky going to Preschool, it seems that they're almost trying to take the message of behavioral concepts to the parents watching. This episode was about how Baby Bear was perfectly ready for school, just not his father. Somehow, it delivers the subtle (well, not that subtle) message to parents about how they have to behave just as well when they're needed for parent/student activities.

Nice to see them reference Baby Bear's eternal hatred for Goldilocks with the crayon scene.

Aside from that, while I know full well that they need to make it "preschool" to relate to the age of kids watching, I'm not sure I dig that every character on Sesame that's supposed to be a kid is the same exact age and goes to the exact same grade. Baby Bear seems like he should be entering first grade by now. With all due understanding it's for those who are in preschool or about to enter preschool, really seems like they should just say "school" and keep it a little more ambiguous.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I liked that they redid the Grover/Fat Blue segment about the letter V. I believe they used Frank's Grover for this one. Plus that was a good new segment with Grover and Michelle Obama.
And Fat blue was Jerry Nelson´s voice? I cant wait to see that!!
It wasn't a re-do; it was a re-air of the season 41 bit.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
This episode...OK...the street story was quite fun to watch! I absolutely enjoyed Papa Bear's behavior throughout the scene (especially when he kept referring to Ms. Goodwitch as Ms. "G-Dubs")! Like Drtooth, I enjoyed the reference to Baby Bear's eternal hatred for Goldilocks- all I could think to myself was "Some things never change!". Despite it not being a major role, I was thankful to see Eric revive his role as Peter Piper- he did such an awesome job in the story that aired a few months ago. Throughout the whole story, I couldn't help but think to myself, "Wouldn't Papa Bear know how to behave in a classroom?" until he admitted that he never went to school back then. Also, a great performance by Jane Krakowski!

The "Two Different Worlds" song was fun to listen to. With "greeting" being the word of the day, who better to show it than The Count! :batty: (ONE great clip!) Even though I've long watched it on the Season 45 Press Kit, the Breakfast insert with Michelle Obama and Grover was quite entertaining to watch! :super:

For next season, if they choose to get rid of any Murray format blocks (referencing to the fact that they're changing the whole overall format of the show), I'd really like for them to get rid of the News Flash segments- they're a little repetitive and too much like his other segments...but that's just me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't really care much for the News Flash segments either. I'd say this is a better one than the friendship one they showed twice. Especially since it actually featured all kids instead of AM kid puppets awkwardly acting like kids. I like Murray out in the field talking with kids. That's what Sesame Street has always done. But the way they package it just doesn't work.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was very good. Finally, we get an episode with Baby Bear as a main character. Why are we only seeing him twice this season? Jane K was very cute. I laughed at Baby Bear reacting to Papa Bear's nickname for her. The Two Different Worlds song was very good. The WOTD bit was very good. The News Flash tune-ins were okay. Doesn't beat seeing Murray talk to and hold real birds though. The bit with Michelle Obama was funny. I find it interesting that they included a human character this time.

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
That was Eric Jacobson performing Grover in that segment. However, the fact that you confused his voice with Frank's voice shows how well Eric has stepped up on performing the characters.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That was Eric Jacobson performing Grover in that segment. However, the fact that you confused his voice with Frank's voice shows how well Eric has stepped up on performing the characters.
Actually, I thought it did sound like Eric's Grover, but I thought Frank performed him in most of the Grover/Fat Blue segments (though I know it was Eric in the "rhyming day" sketch). That's what kind of confused me. I know it was Frank in the coffee sketch. Hope to see that one again soon.