Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4525 - Grover Does It All

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4525 - Grover Does It All
Friday May 1, 2015

Grover wants to have fun on Sesame Street. He can’t seem to choose one activity so he tries to do them all with disastrous results. Mando explains that maybe he should slow down, breath, and focus on one thing at a time. If Grover takes Mando’s advice he might be able to succeed.

Subject: Self-Regulation
Brought to you by: F & 1
Word on the Street: Focus – To play close attention to something.

If you've seen "Grover Does It All" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

FredMuseumMan7

Reaction score
Today's Episode of Sesame Street had the following Segments in it:

Episode Name: Grover Does It All

Street Story: Grover Does It All
-The Word of the Day:Today's Word of the Day Featured Emmy Rossum and Abby explaining the word "focus"
-Ed Sheeran sings "Two Different Worlds"
-Murray Has a Little Lamb: Yoga School (Part 1)
-Cookie's Crumby Pictures: The Aveggies: Age of Bon-Bon
-Elmo's Letter of the Day Song: F
-A Fox thinks of F Words he could create
-F Is for Float
-Murray at Yoga School (Part 2)
-Abby's Flying Fairy School: Giant Beanstalk
-The Count's Number of the Day Song: Number 1
-I'm One Too (From: Baby Bear Hates Wee-Tee Ball)
-Bert is on the Game Show: Estimation Vacation hosted by Guy Smiley
-Murray at Yoga School (Part 3)
-Elmo the Musical
-Sesame Street Was Brought to you Today by the Letter"F" and by the Number "1"

Drtooth

Reaction score
That Estimation Vacation segment was a real surprise. Bert and Guy Smiley is a pairing no one would ever expect to see, especially since it's the same puppeteer now. And a perfectly impractical prize was won as well. See? They can fit in the occasional non-celebrity, non-parody segment.

I really enjoyed the street story. About time Grover got another episode focusing on him, and perfectly in character as well. Somehow, it almost serves as an odd explanation of why he has so many jobs. Even kinda making a nod to that with a disgusted Mr. Johnson running away. And that "Grover does it All" song was quite catchy. All around good, with one painful exception. The song Mando sings near the end and the forced initiative. Agreeing with what Oscarfan said about the Nursery Rhyme episode explaining all the breathing techniques stop the show dead. This episode did it even worse by completely bringing the song to a dead stop, listing the same breathing techniques, and then going back to the song pretty much eviscerated any semblance of flow. It's an unfortunate spot on the otherwise enjoyable episode, and the term Anvilicious has never been more apt.

Already said stuff about the Ultron parody in another thread. Great stuff, and it kept the message fun and friendly without having to stop dead to explain it.

Other than those, anyone else like that adorable cartoon about the Foxes? Just loved everything about it, right down to the look. Glad to see an adorable, original letter cartoon and not Hello Kitty Elmos and Cookie Monsters chasing letters and singing about them with the context removed.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Great episode. Anything with Grover is bound to be good. I loved the Grover Can Do It All song. I liked Mr. Johnson's cameo, even if it was just grunting. I was worried we'd never see him after Jerry passed away. The WOTD bit was cute. I liked the lobster eating the breath mints. The new CCP was good. I liked the line Captain America had about his suit being new for the sequel. The best part was an unexpected sketch with Bert and Guy Smiley. That was great.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Once again, I wound up missing ANOTHER episode I'd really been looking forward to. Oh well. At least it will be on the PBS Kids website soon. (Being part of a school event sure has its bad points, doesn't it?)

In regards to the Bert and Guy Smiley skit...did Eric perform both characters?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
@antsamthompson9 that's what I thought. Nonetheless, I look forward to seeing the skit- as I said earlier, I am mighty impressed with the extreme amount of Bert we've been getting this season! Plus, it's hard to believe all these stand alone Muppet bits we've been getting this season and last season; I hope it continues more often next season.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Obviously, not at the same time. He puppeteered one and dubbed the voice of the other.
Goes without saying. That's why it's such an unlikely pairing in a sketch. Not that this thing hasn't been done before, of course. Just seems easier to have characters done by multiple puppeteers. This was a risk vs reward and it paid off greatly. Of course, what makes it all the weirder is that there weren't many Guy Smiley skits (too lazy to check if any at all) with Bert in there when Jim was performing Guy.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There were certain shots in which Eric was doing just Bert, but for the most part, someone else was performing him.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That Estimation Vacation segment was a real surprise. Bert and Guy Smiley is a pairing no one would ever expect to see, especially since it's the same puppeteer now. And a perfectly impractical prize was won as well. See? They can fit in the occasional non-celebrity, non-parody segment.
Yeah. I was going to ask about that one. I was almost thinking that Frank would have come back to do :frown: for that one, but I guess we would have heard something if that were the case. So I guess Eric did do both of them in that one.

Great episode. Anything with Grover is bound to be good. I loved the Grover Can Do It All song. I liked Mr. Johnson's cameo, even if it was just grunting. I was worried we'd never see him after Jerry passed away.
Did I miss Mr. Johnson's cameo? Does anyone have an image of that? Was it Matt who did the grunt or a pre-recording of Jerry's? Sorry for so many questions. I'm just curious since I didn't catch him anywhere.

A little side note though, nice that Bob got some airtime.

Last edited: