1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4602 - Mucko Polo, Grouch Explorer

Discussion in 'Season 46' started by Phillip, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I'm sure most kids don't the changes at all,my biggest problem is that the street stories don't have any closure.

2. 123Sunny

123Sunny Active Member

I can't wait to watch them. I'm at my mum's house, but my dad is recording them for when I get back :p:(:wisdom::grouchy::insatiable::super::batty::search::laugh:

3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

One thing I really like is that Ryan Dillon seems to finally gotten the hang of Elmo. I really missed Kevin because he was so comfortable with the character that somehow even when the script was boring Elmo was still fun to watch just because Kevin gave him so much life. The past couple of seasons Ryan was still figuring out the character and Elmo became a bit dull,although he did improve a bit in season 45,I thought it was a problem with the writing but then I went back and watched some of the episodes with Kevin as Elmo and realized that wasn't the case,it was the performer not the writers. This year Ryan has finally started to come to his own as the little red guy and he's back to being one of my favorite characters.

4. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I get use to recasts in a few months but Ryan Dillon does an amazing job with Elmo.

5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah, weren't the Murray closings all the same a couple seasons ago? And they essentially turned him into an automated phone machine. It really sucks they turned the most iconic thing about the show into an afterthought for seasons yet. I can't say I blame the for cutting it off, especially with the runtime and format they have now. That said, I'd trade the cold opening for a closing with various characters giving the day's sponsors.

I agree, but if only SW was so bold to take a risk on that. If reruns are new episodes to the youngest of the audience, that same audience doesn't know about Elmo's World and therefore wouldn't have the same attachment as the older 4 and 5 year olds. I wouldn't discount not filling the half hour timeslot wisely either. But yeah. ETM rotating with Smart Cookies and the rest is a far better usage of their time. Too bad they dug themselves into an Elmo's closing segment hole and refuse to try and dig themselves out again.

6. Drtooth

Like I've said a few times, the HBO deal was clearly so HBO can bulk up its kid's line up for HBO family. It had shows over 15 years old and still on the channel for the sake of saying they have something there/cheap filler.

So a simple HBO family channel schedule check shows that mornings starting at 6:30 will air more current full hour long Sesame Street episodes (from last season) as well as a couple Pinky Dinky Doos and an Electric Company episode in the afternoon. So other than the new Sesame Street episodes, they're mostly in the deal (it seems) for the back catalog of programming.

7. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember back in season 34 (and a few seasons later before the Murray closings and after Trash Gordon ended) they would have an ending scene sort of related to the street scene where someone would announce the sponsors. They really need to bring those back.

8. Drtooth

I really liked what happened in that year just before the Murray block format. I like how they either tied the letters and numbers into the street story or had intros with characters on the street set. And indeed they also did something with the letter and number sponsor end tags. When Murray first came on the scene they just, you know, shot a couple different ones and just piped in the same dialog. While it improved with later seasons of this format, it just felt like it was tacked on because they felt they needed to keep that up. So that's why I'm also mixed about their disappearance. Even the promotional material makes reference to it ("The show is brought to you by the letters H B and O," is used in one of the ads).