1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4604 - Saved by the Superfoods

Discussion in 'Season 46' started by Phillip, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Episode 4604 - Saved by the Superfoods
    HBO Premiere: Saturday January 30, 2016
    PBS Premiere: Monday February 20, 2017

The SuperFood Super Foods fly onto Sesame Street to help their friends try new foods, find a healthy snack, and explain the importance of eating breakfast. Also featuring Orange is the New Snack parody and Elmo the Musical-Tomato. Brought to you by the letter H and the number 10.

This street story is originally from Season 41, Episode 4230.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you saw "Saved by the Superfoods" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Orange is the New Black is a show I don't watch, so any little references to the show went over my head. But other than that, it was a fun little sketch. I'm going to have to ask someone who watches the show about this one, as I did about an episode of The Comedians. I'm liking Prairie's new performer, and liking that Prairie is still part of the show. Though I wonder if turning a prison into a school sends the wrong message. Eh, hopefully kids will be too young to notice.

4 episodes in, I can without a doubt say that what I hate about the shortened run time is that letters and numbers are tossed aside for beating the blunt end of the episode's thesis into kids' heads. The little film/animation (and I didn't care much for this one) has a slim tie in to the letter of the day, mentioning it briefly and then going onto another long form segment about the subject of the day without so much as a mention of what the letter is until the end, tacked on.

The number segment was completely omitted from the episode, only using the intro song. No wonder they don't end the show with "Today's episode is brought to you by" anymore. The letters and numbers are taking a backseat, why bother pointing them out?

3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It's odd that the "New Snack" had better pacing than any of the new street stories. I kinda wish they established like a "Starring Prairie Dawn as Piper" thing at the beginning, or just made her character named after her. They don't use Prairie often, so she's not as recognizable as Cookie or Grover would be if they threw them into a spoof.

4. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Here's the sketch, meh.

Waiter Grover likes this.
  5. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Did anyone else notice Betty Lou and some international characters at the beginning of the OITNB sketch?

6. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

The sketch was pretty funny. I'm guessing Jen Barnhart was Red because, she ate the orange with her right hand. I don't know who played Googly Eyes.

7. MuppetSpot

Googly eyes freaks me out.

8. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. The thing about repeat episodes before when it was on PBS is that I always had to sit through the whole episode to see if they squeeze in anything new. But now that the show is on HBO and I can only watch online, it's good to have these new segments on the web. Seems like Stephanie is really starting to shine as Prairie/Piper.

At least you knew what show they were parodying. I haven't heard of it until now. But I understand. I didn't get a lot of those references either.

9. antsamthompson9

Stephanie D'Abruzzo just told me that Pam Arciero played Googly Eyes.

10. MuppetSpot

By any chance did Matt Vogel did the ginger AM?

11. antsamthompson9

Red was right-handed. Jen Barnhart is a left-handed performer. Therefore it was Jen.

12. MuppetSpot

No I meant the one that sound like his Count & Constantine voice.

13. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Most likely. He really seems to have done a lot lately. I wouldn't doubt it. But I can listen again.

14. Drtooth

I'm hoping that season 47 shows that they've worked the kinks out of the half hour format. Stories written shorter, valid places to put letter and number skits, and just a better overall presentation.

The street stories really have no flow and feel like they stop short, and I'm sure the reused ones will be edited. Hopefully not as bad as ETM was here.

15. antsamthompson9

Just cause you hear a Russian accent doesn't mean it's Matt. Also Jen can do very convincing male voices. Listen to her play Senator Kerry:

16. MuppetSpot

Yeah I hear Jen now since the Avenue Q clip.

17. Pig's Laundry

That was amazing! It's like Jen and the puppet she was performing were two completely different people,i'm glad she's finally getting more characters on SST this season.

18. MuppetSpot

I wonder if Jen is happy for getting a main character Zoe, after just performing one-shots?

19. Pig's Laundry

20. Drtooth

Well, the cable company found out I was getting free HBO, so I'm out for 9 months.