1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4610 - Say Thank You to Your Face Day

Discussion in 'Season 46' started by Phillip, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Episode 4610 - Say Thank You To Face Day
    HBO Premiere: Saturday March 12, 2016
    PBS Premiere: Monday November 21, 2016

Elmo helps Abby, Grover, and Telly figure out how to say thank you to our nose, eyes, and mouth all at the same time. Also featuring Cookie Monster's Smart Cookies-That Face and Elmo's World-Noses. Brought to you by the letter F and the number 9.

This episode features an all-new street story.

[​IMG]

If you saw "Say Thank You to Your Face Day" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I'm actually starting to get a bit annoyed that Abby and Elmo have to be in every episode now.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  3. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I was happy to see the 2-headed Monster be in the cold open. I was worried that the cold open would be limited to the core characters. This gives me hope that even though we may not see Ernie, Bert or Zoe in a street story, they'll at least be in a cold open. I was really happy to see Baby Bear. The best part of the street story was the catchy gospel song. The new Smart Cookies was good. I liked that Figby was in love with the supermodel Giselle Biscotti. Stephanie's performance of her was hilarious.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, again, they're trying to condense the regular Muppet cast down to a "core six," of which Elmo and Abby are a part of . . . but then again, we got to see Baby Bear and Telly today, and I don't believe they're part of the core six.

For me, this episode was disorienting, if only because it took place almost exclusively in Abby's garden, which is still kind of unfamiliar territory - it kind of makes me wonder if Dutch kids felt like this whenever Sesamstraat made all of the drastic changes to their locale: especially when it was turned into like the inside of a giant toy box instead of a street.

Other than that, I don't really have anything else to say about this episode: the plot was interesting enough, and it served as a creative way of teaching what each parts of our face do (wonder why nobody thought to say thank you to your ears for hearing things like music and such).

While I still think the excessive use of chromakey and CGI is unnecessary, I'll admit they're getting better at it: Smart Cookies was very enjoyable . . . but who puts pepper on a danish? A biali, maybe, but a danish?

5. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I just wanna say even if people have seen the episode online, they should still see it on PBS. Because before the closing song is a fun bit with Cookie Monster and Rosita. I hope to see people post their thoughts on this episode after it airs tomorrow.