1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4616 - Rocco's Playdate

Discussion in 'Season 46' started by Phillip, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Episode 4616 - Rocco's Playdate
    HBO Premiere: Saturday April 23, 2016
    PBS Premiere: Monday December 12, 2016

Elmo and Zoe use arts and crafts to help make a 'friend' for Zoe's pet rock, Rocco, to play with. Also featuring Murray Has a Little Lamb-Recycled Art and Elmo's World-Drawing. Brought to you by the letter C and the number 7.

This street story is originally from Season 43, Episode 4322.

If you saw "Rocco's Playdate" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

The cold open with Cookie Monster was the only new thing. It was pretty good. I like that they're finding ways to keep using Murray segments.

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

This must have been a number of years ago - Alan wasn't as gray as he is now.

Not too much of a fan of these particular Elmo and Zoe puppets: Elmo looks like he's wearing a face-covering comb-over, and Zoe looks like she's had her hair teased . . . but at least it's not that hedious small Zoe.

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Exactly, that's what i've been saying, I really hate most of the Elmo puppets they've been using the past few years.
    Although, this is definitely my favorite Zoe puppet.

5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I also forgot to point out the nice little throwback in having Alan wear a Hooper's Store apron, which I only remember being used during the Handford years.

6. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It's from 2013.

7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Of course this episode would be the one to air when cable subscribers get the free weekend to watch Game of Thrones. Had these rerun episodes not have been decided upon before the HBO partnership and then later as a result of needing more episodes to fill out the order, I'd feel a might ripped off.

I flipped back and forth with this one to see if they at least had a new segment or something they don't show often. Is it just me or is the "C for Craft" tying into the "Who wants to make a paper sculpture" a bit of a stretch? I think the least they could have done for this season is change the graphic at the end of the Letter of the Day song to at least feature the letter spelling the word.

8. SpinneyBigBird1

SpinneyBigBird1 Active Member

Just out of curiosity, have we heard Jen's Zoe this season yet?

9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Nope, not yet. And we still have no idea when she'll show up.