Sesame Street Season 46 Press Kit; HBO premiere set for Saturday January 16, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

GonzoMan

Reaction score
The reason why Steve left is because he doesn't wanna fly out to New York for just one character. Plus he doesn't live in New York. Eric, Matt and David live there, which is why it works for them.

Just out of curiosity, was this from a personal conversation you had with him or did someone else say it?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, was this from a personal conversation you had with him or did someone else say it?
This is something that we Muppet fans have been discussing for the past year. We've all been aware of how popular the Disney Muppets are, and that's what's been keeping Steve from coming to SS. Ernie is pretty much the only major character that Steve has had for quite some time, so we all assumed that it doesn't really make sense for him to come to New York constantly just for one character. For Eric, Matt, and David, it's kind of a different story. Eric has Oscar (puppetry mostly), Bert and Grover. Matt has Big Bird (also puppetry mostly) and The Count. David has Baby Bear and Cookie Monster.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Plus Eric has Guy too and David has half of 2head.

GonzoMan

Reaction score
This is something that we Muppet fans have been discussing for the past year. We've all been aware of how popular the Disney Muppets are, and that's what's been keeping Steve from coming to SS. Ernie is pretty much the only major character that Steve has had for quite some time, so we all assumed that it doesn't really make sense for him to come to New York constantly just for one character. For Eric, Matt, and David, it's kind of a different story. Eric has Oscar (puppetry mostly), Bert and Grover. Matt has Big Bird (also puppetry mostly) and The Count. David has Baby Bear and Cookie Monster.
I always wondered why it was different for them, because during the days of The Muppet Show, Jim, Frank, Jerry, and Richard were away from SS in the same way that Steve is today (except not in LA). With the filming of SS and this new Muppet show at different times of the year, I always thought Steve would definitely have time to perform Ernie during the first part of the year, but I guess it doesn't seem likely (I'm not really so sure). As for the other guys, I always thought "shouldn't they be affected by what the Muppets are doing, too?". Even though Peter Linz does both Sesame Street and the Muppets, he probably lives in New York too I bet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What is goin' on with Cookie Monster's fur?

Did he rub his feet against the carpet, rub balloons all over himself, then stick a fork in the toaster?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score

Did he rub his feet against the carpet, rub balloons all over himself, then stick a fork in the toaster?
Sadly they ran out of Cookie's original fur. The puppet they're currently using was made for the Furchester, and Ryan Dillon said they had to use new fur that was as close as they could get.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Makes sense, I've had that problem before too.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Interesting. Though, they made a new puppet for season 45; I don't know why they're not using that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know it's sad times when specialty fabrics (especially certain furs) are becoming hard to come by, even for the NYC Workshop and Puppet Heap. But then again, this really isn't anything too new; Jim switched to antron fleece after they stopped making the fleece he prefered to use.

Schfifty

Reaction score

Wow, he does look different there.... For a second, I thought he looked like his 1970's version. Maybe the running out of fur explains why the blue looks a bit darker, because that doesn't look like the normal Cookie puppet to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.