Sesame Street Season 46 Press Kit; HBO premiere set for Saturday January 16, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The right kind of fur is always a pain in the apple to find, and sadly sometimes you do just have to settle for a substitute. I usually prefer Mongolian sheepskin, but it's hardly commercially available, so I find myself sometimes having to go with luxury shag instead because it comes in the same colors, but the fabric itself is so thick and heavyweight (and the pile isn't as good either) that it makes for some stiff and cumbersome puppets.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Interesting. Though, they made a new puppet for season 45; I don't know why they're not using that.
The Cookie Puppets were starting to get...odd. A couple of the Crumby Pictures Cookie Puppets were...off. The one they used for the full body shot in Biscotti Kid looked fine enough, until it had that close up of him falling off the rock and climbing up. And I hated the puppet they used for the flashback in Lord of the Crumbs. He had some sort of mustache or something. Like he had finely combed hair over his mouth.

As for the big HBO plans, I was going to respond to something from another thread, but I felt it makes more sense to talk about it here. I also am intrigued by this unnamed Sesame Street Spinoff. I wonder if it's going to legitimately be another show, or just something that feels like the second half hour of an episode of Sesame Street that they cut from the new season's runtime. Like that Sesame Amigos series on Univision, only obviously not dubbed in Spanish.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess this may also probably explain why the most recent Grover puppet has looked more like a recycled puppet from the 70s.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So since the new season is debuting on a Saturday, does this mean it will now be a weekly series rather than a daily series? At least on HBO anyway?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I'm just thinking out loud, but do you think these changes, scaling back the Muppets, making the show 30 minutes long, and so on wouldn't have happened if Kevin stayed? He was Sesame's senior creative adviser after all. The HBO thing was gonna happen either way, cause they need the money. I'm not saying he should take back the role of Elmo, cause Ryan's knocking it out of the park, I'm just saying maybe he should take back his job of being co-executive producer and senior creative adviser.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think the changes were inevitable. I also feel the new ex-Hit guy foisted some of the changes on himself, and it would all have depended on how much sway Kevin had on the show. I have a feeling he'd only be slightly more successful than Joey, but most of the changes would have happened anyway. The half hour runtime seems like it was goaded by PBS.

Oscarfan

Reaction score

If that trailer is any indication, there will be some classic episodes (on demand). Though the "classic" stuff (aside from the one E&B clip) is from the late 90's, but we'll see.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
So...now that it's been confirmed that there will be classic episodes airing...how far back are they going to go, and will they be cut down to half an hour?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's cool. I've seen at the press kit that there would be repeat episodes, but episodes from the late 90s. That's pretty cool or at least it would be if I got HBO. Lol.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'm just thinking out loud, but do you think these changes, scaling back the Muppets, making the show 30 minutes long, and so on wouldn't have happened if Kevin stayed? He was Sesame's senior creative adviser after all. The HBO thing was gonna happen either way, cause they need the money. I'm not saying he should take back the role of Elmo, cause Ryan's knocking it out of the park, I'm just saying maybe he should take back his job of being co-executive producer and senior creative adviser.
Well, he's already back to work for Henson, so in the immortal words of Scooby-Doo. "Rit's a rossirilaty."

Status
Not open for further replies.