1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4711 - Baby Bear Learns About Bees

Discussion in 'Season 47' started by Phillip, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Episode 4711 - Baby Bear Learns About Bees
    HBO Premiere: Saturday March 18, 2017

Baby Bear is afraid of bees until Abby turns him and Chris into bees. Baby Bear and Chris learn just how amazing bees really are.

This episode features a street story from Season 40, Smart Cookies ("The World Pattycake Championships"), Ernie singing "I Wonder" and a new Elmo's World ("Bees").

[​IMG]

If you saw "Baby Bear Learns About Bees" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I didn't think they had any long-form segments about bees, but sure enough, they use an unaired Smart Cookies from last season which has honey in it. It was pretty neat.

I'm still not a fan of the films, or how they're presented. "B is for Bees". The segment doesn't teach the letter B; it talks about bees, but not using B words. It feels like shoehorning.

And while I'm glad they used "I Wonder" again; I'm upset they cut out the bridge. If you have to trim the segment to fit in the show, don't use it and find something else.

3. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

The bookends for the show were fun. I especially liked seeing Baby Bear in the closing. The new Smart Cookies was good. I loved the Russian accent Eric gave his character. I also liked how this time, the Crumb showed up to reveal his prank. The new EW was fun. I liked seeing Smartie as a bee.

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It wasn't on today. :smirk:

5. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

#YourHBOisFlawed!

6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Well, I'm glad they still use Steve's Ernie in repeated segments. Billy has done well with :p so far, but Steve has done a great job with the character for so many years, so it's good to get sketches like that one on the show every once in a while.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.