1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within the week, Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4715 - Meet Julia

Discussion in 'Season 47' started by Phillip, Apr 8, 2017.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

This episode appears to be rebroadcast today.

BradyBunchFan likes this.
  2. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

Finally, there's a muppet for me! I wonder what autism Julia has. Does she have HFA or Aspergers? I have the latter.

3. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

Hey fellow Aspie :) I think she has HFA. By the way, did you get my PMs about anime and about what happened with the sheep?

muppetgem, Luke kun and BradyBunchFan like this.
  4. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Well, I have Asperger's.

Interesting to note that I'm not the only one with Asperger's on this forum. Haven't heard to much about HFA, but I do know about PPD. (Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel.)

muppetgem and BradyBunchFan like this.
  5. BradyBunchFan

BradyBunchFan Well-Known Member

I have a friend that has Aspergers.

6. PonysNPuppets

PonysNPuppets New Member

Holy heck I have Asperger's too!! :eek: I kinda think Jim Henson himself had it. I don't think there was ever any "official" diagnosis for Jim, but I would not be surprised at all if that's what he had. Makes me wonder what he'd think of Julia if he was alive today.

muppetgem and BradyBunchFan like this.
  7. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

Yes

8. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Active Member

Personally, I think this is wonderful that they introduced this character. My brother has had cerebral palsy since 2003 and I know how hard it is to go through that. So to have someone to relate to is wonderful.

9. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

Having Asperger's, it's really nice to finally see an Autistic Muppet. Julia does a lot of things I did when I was younger, like hand flapping, carrying a stuffed animal around, and covering her ears when there's loud noises. It's very heartwarming, really. Julia is just so adorable, I hope we see more of her soon.

Hey, I have Asperger's, too! It's nice to meet other Aspies on this forum.

10. Garrett

Garrett Member

I saw this episode! It was nice to see Julia on the show! BTW, I have autism too!

BradyBunchFan and muppetgem like this.