1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4719 - House of Worm

Discussion in 'Season 47' started by Phillip, May 13, 2017.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Episode 4719 - House of Worm
    HBO Premiere: Saturday May 13, 2017
    PBS Premiere: Tuesday November 21, 2017

Abby helps Turner the Worm build a place that feels like home.

This episode features an all-new street story, a "House of Cards" spoof ("House of Bricks") and a new Elmo's World ("Homes").

[​IMG]

If you saw "House of Worm" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

So who is Turner?

Aside from that, this was another street story that felt like it captured the spirit of older street stories; I thought it was done well enough, and it didn't feel too rushed, nor did it feel like filler padded out for time.

I must also point out how much I loved Marty's performance as Frank Underwolf: sounded like a spot-on impression of Ned Beatty.

And one of the big highlights of this episode? The fact that the Number of the Day song actually took the time to count out the individual cookies for a change. Think SW has caught onto our critique?

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Either that or parents/educators complained about it during test screenings.

I still don't see why they didn't do that in the first place. The Count's song did it with the stomping thing. I don't know who on the staff thought that the letters and numbers of the day should just be a random mascot for the episode, rather than something for kids to actually learn about.

4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It was well paced in some places, but in the middle there, it was just "Is this a home? No. BOOM Onto the next one!" But, it was pretty funny and I like seeing Jen get a lead role.

I certainly wasn't expecting to see the House of Cards spoof, but they've been surprising me sometimes. When I find out the theme of the show, I guess what thing they'll use and couldn't think of a "home" one.

And interesting that they actually counted in the NOTD bit.

Another, more minute criticism - why not use the "H is for Home" bit from 2009 as the LOTD segment, since it's actually all about the letter H, and then swap places with the other film and make that one not "about" the letter H.

5. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

The street story was pretty good. Jen gave a good preformance as Frankie, and it was nice to see Pam play her aunt. I liked Oscar's cameo in EW, and the fact that Smartie came in using the door. I'm not too wild about them adding kids voices to transition to Elmo's game. I hope it's not permanent.

6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The Letter of the Month Club episode from Season 35 had a similar problem.