Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4730 - Battle of the Chefs

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4730 - Battle of the Chefs
HBO Premiere: Saturday July 29, 2017
PBS Premiere: Monday November 20, 2017

Chris and Elmo help Alan compete in challenges to become the "Cast Iron Cook." Guests: Jason Schwartzman, Anthony Mackie.

This episode features a street story from Season 42, Cookie's Crumby Pictures ("Lord of the Crumbs") and a new Elmo's World ("Cooking").

If you saw "Battle of the Chefs" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Really, the only thing I enjoyed from this was the Crumby Picture bit (naturally).

I have to say, seeing Anthony Mackie felt awkward, mainly because I still remember him from that trainwreck Spike Lee movie SHE HATE ME (and all the while thinking of Spike's lackluster appearance directing THE SUMMER OF SNUFFY).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Whole lotta Cookie Monster in this one. Nice to see Ernie and Bert do the open and close too.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I always wanted to see this episode as a parody of Iron Chef, another show which I'm a huge fan of. There's even an Iron Chef drinking game, you score a point every time the competing chef brings out the ice cream maker.

On another note, when I think of Anthony Macky I immediately think of Falcon from the Marvel movies.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The bookends with Ernie and Bert were funny. The bit with Anthony Mackie was fun. Ryan and Leslie gave great performances as the ingredients. Nice to see Cookie's cameo in EW.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I loved Leslie's cabbage, for some reason.