1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Sesame Street Season 48 begins shooting, HBO premiere set for November 2017

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Pig's Laundry, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

So, while season 47 is premiering in January 2017, the following season, the 48th season began filming this week. https://twitter.com/welcomemattv/status/793071859411615744/photo/1

So so far here's what we know:

Simon Soundman will be returning:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BMSXtmjgnXS/?taken-by=frankiecordero

Yesterday they filmed a segment of some kind in which Alan sings "People in Your Neighborhood"

Also, Matt Vogel is doing a series of live behind the scenes videos every week on Facebook during the filming of the season. In the series, he's going back stage and plans to show the fans things they don't normally see. This video features Matt, Stephanie D'Abruzzo, Carmen Osbahr, Peter Linz and several others in the Muppet green room:

2. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

I wonder if the classic actors will return for season 48. It looks they are recasting old characters like simon soundman, Biff and sully, and Herry, here its a video of a couple of weeks ago, from a sesame puppeter workshop...and Herry speaks...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

That was at a Future of Storytelling conference. Peter makes a nice Herry.

4. Pig's Laundry

Ah, so that's who it was. I wonder if this was a case of the other performers not being available or if SW actually plans to start using him again. Because it seems like a pretty random choice otherwise.

In any case, Peter Linz did a very good job, and if Herry does rejoin the cast, it would be great for Peter to finally have a character on the show.

5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The voice is okay, but something about the mannerisms and inflexions, to me anyway, have a slight Cookie Monster vibe to them, I think.

6. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Awesome! Herry is back! And Peter Linz is doing a fine job voicing him!

I feel that Matt Vogel is getting into his role as The Count a little more this time. I've noticed that he gives him a bit more manic energy compared to Jerry Nelson.

Duke Remington and cahuenga like this.
  7. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Never in my life would I ever think that Peter Linz would voice Herry. It's pretty close to Jerry's version if you listen closely, but for the first few seconds it just sounds like

cahuenga likes this.
  8. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Herry was one of my favorites, can't wait to see him return, :crazy:.

cahuenga and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  9. D'Snowth

I find it strange that they're apparently bringing back a number of classic, old school characters (Biff and Sully, Herry, Simon Soundman, et al) after such a big deal was made about the reduction of Muppets on the show.

cahuenga likes this.
  10. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I just amazed how Peter's Herry sounds so much like Jerry's. No disrespect to Tyler but, Peter sounds so much better.

cahuenga likes this.
  11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I believe they used him before a few years back for some charity event. Tyler performed him there.

I want to see him back on the show, core character cast focus be darned. Peter deserves to have a main or recurring character to perform on the show. Actually, I'd even like it if AM boy Muppet who had a better spaceman costume than Elmo would be a recurring character.

muppetlover123 and cahuenga like this.
  12. D'Snowth

Even though he's already got enough responsibilities with Telly, Snuffy, recruiting and training new performers, I think Marty would actually made a pretty good Herry, if only because he did a convincing Herry-esque voice as Herry's father:

13. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

I'm quite impressed with Peter's voice for Herry (where's a Herry smiley when you need one)! :) To be honest, I almost want to think that he is officially coming back. In addition to the video from @cahuenga, we also have proof from Rachel Herrick and Tau Bennett; they both had their picture taken with Herry during their respective most recent visits to the set...or the SW headquarters in general...wherever the puppets are kept.

Agreed.

cahuenga likes this.
  14. Pig's Laundry

Speaking of Tau Bennett, look at what he's been up to:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BL130IGBDI2/?taken-by=rumble.ensemble
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BMX2R8qhPuG/?taken-by=rumble.ensemble

He's living the dream! It's always great to see one of us Muppet geeks getting to do what they love and meeting their idols. In a way, I kind of feel like i've grown up with him. We've seen him get older and grow as a performer, and I couldn't be more proud of him. I hope to be doing what he's doing one day.

15. D'Snowth

Wait, is Tau officially a Muppet Performer for SST now? Wow! I'm so jealous, lol! A lot of people were concerned about his potential future with them after Kevin ended up resigning, but it looks as if the resignation really had no affect whatsoever. Kudos to him!

16. Pig's Laundry

Well, he's not actually an official performer yet. He just went to a puppeteer workshop, which is basically just a class for up and coming puppeteers, and he got to visit the set. Although, it is possible that he was a guest performer like they have occasionally.

17. D'Snowth

I didn't know they had another workshop! I just remember the one they had about three years ago, where it was estimated about 300 people submitted demo reels for Matt and Marty to look at, and that about 250 (myself included) received one of two different mass rejection emails.

Wouldn't surprise me if Tau ended up at SST full time in the future.

18. Oscarfan

It was probably a workshop for "wringers."

19. D'Snowth

Not sure where to post this, so I'll do it here, but while I was watching the Mannequin Challenge vid on YouTube (after it had already been posted on Facebook), I couldn't help but notice David Gallo sitting with a lady in Hooper's with what looked like a miniature maquette model, and blueprints of the street, and it looks like we may be seeing some more changes to the set in the years to come: looks like Bob's/Cookie's apartment is going to be narrowed to include a new balcony right above Hooper's (I guess similar to the porch roof of the new community center) and the neon sign will be moved above the middle door instead.

If that really is happening (really, I'm just assuming at this point), somehow I don't imagine Victor DiNapoli would be too pleased about that, considering he notes in the 40 years book that he felt like the appearance of that whole building was a key to the street's identity.

20. Oscarfan

I noticed that too. I dunno, I think it could look interesting. The recent change has allowed for a lot of new interesting camera angles and shots. So, if it can enhance the visual look of the show, I'm for it.