Sesame Street Season 48 begins shooting, HBO premiere set for November 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Awesome! Herry is back! And Peter Linz is doing a fine job voicing him!
I believe they used him before a few years back for some charity event. Tyler performed him there.

I want to see him back on the show, core character cast focus be darned. Peter deserves to have a main or recurring character to perform on the show. Actually, I'd even like it if AM boy Muppet who had a better spaceman costume than Elmo would be a recurring character.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even though he's already got enough responsibilities with Telly, Snuffy, recruiting and training new performers, I think Marty would actually made a pretty good Herry, if only because he did a convincing Herry-esque voice as Herry's father:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I'm quite impressed with Peter's voice for Herry (where's a Herry smiley when you need one)! :smile: To be honest, I almost want to think that he is officially coming back. In addition to the video from @cahuenga, we also have proof from Rachel Herrick and Tau Bennett; they both had their picture taken with Herry during their respective most recent visits to the set...or the SW headquarters in general...wherever the puppets are kept.

I just amazed how Peter's Herry sounds so much like Jerry's. No disrespect to Tyler but, Peter sounds so much better.
Agreed.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Speaking of Tau Bennett, look at what he's been up to:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BL130IGBDI2/?taken-by=rumble.ensemble
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMX2R8qhPuG/?taken-by=rumble.ensemble

He's living the dream! It's always great to see one of us Muppet geeks getting to do what they love and meeting their idols. In a way, I kind of feel like i've grown up with him. We've seen him get older and grow as a performer, and I couldn't be more proud of him. I hope to be doing what he's doing one day.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait, is Tau officially a Muppet Performer for SST now? Wow! I'm so jealous, lol! A lot of people were concerned about his potential future with them after Kevin ended up resigning, but it looks as if the resignation really had no affect whatsoever. Kudos to him!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Wait, is Tau officially a Muppet Performer for SST now? Wow! I'm so jealous, lol! A lot of people were concerned about his potential future with them after Kevin ended up resigning, but it looks as if the resignation really had no affect whatsoever. Kudos to him!
Well, he's not actually an official performer yet. He just went to a puppeteer workshop, which is basically just a class for up and coming puppeteers, and he got to visit the set. Although, it is possible that he was a guest performer like they have occasionally.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I didn't know they had another workshop! I just remember the one they had about three years ago, where it was estimated about 300 people submitted demo reels for Matt and Marty to look at, and that about 250 (myself included) received one of two different mass rejection emails.

Wouldn't surprise me if Tau ended up at SST full time in the future.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It was probably a workshop for "wringers."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this, so I'll do it here, but while I was watching the Mannequin Challenge vid on YouTube (after it had already been posted on Facebook), I couldn't help but notice David Gallo sitting with a lady in Hooper's with what looked like a miniature maquette model, and blueprints of the street, and it looks like we may be seeing some more changes to the set in the years to come: looks like Bob's/Cookie's apartment is going to be narrowed to include a new balcony right above Hooper's (I guess similar to the porch roof of the new community center) and the neon sign will be moved above the middle door instead.

If that really is happening (really, I'm just assuming at this point), somehow I don't imagine Victor DiNapoli would be too pleased about that, considering he notes in the 40 years book that he felt like the appearance of that whole building was a key to the street's identity.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I noticed that too. I dunno, I think it could look interesting. The recent change has allowed for a lot of new interesting camera angles and shots. So, if it can enhance the visual look of the show, I'm for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.