Sesame Street Season 48 Episode 4809 - Our Family's Way

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4809 - Our Family's Way
HBO Premiere: Saturday January 13, 2018
PBS Premiere: Monday February 25, 2019

Abby's family is having dinner at Elmo's house. They find out that even though their families do things differently, everybody had fun working together to get dinner ready.

This episode features an all-new street story, Smart Cookies ("The Hidden Teething Biscuit") and Elmo's World ("Siblings").

If you saw "Our Family's Way" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Meh. It was kinda nice hearing "One of These Things" again, though.

The geography of Elmo's apartment is really confusing. There's no back window of the ground level of 123, so how can they see out to Abby's garden?

Anywho, looking forward to next week's since it stars Bert and Ernie. But, given how the way the show's been going, I don't know if I'll enjoy it. Frankly, I think they should / could go back to the "street scenes interrupted by segments" format, which would work fine for a half-hour.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's like I pointed out before, there's no way the position of Elmo's bedroom door out into the hall makes sense, because that would mean that the hall would somehow be out in the arbor.

Does David Rudman perform Freddy? He sounds like Cookie Monster if Cookie Monster could speak in complete sentences.

Other than all that, I will agree that this was pretty much a "meh" episode: other than the musical number about families (which was fairly catchy), nothing really stood out spectacularly about this episode.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, David Rudman performs Freddy (though Marty performed him in the ending scene for some reason).

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This street story was okay. The Family song was catchy. I didn't expect them to bring back One of These Things.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The geography of Elmo's apartment is really confusing. There's no back window of the ground level of 123, so how can they see out to Abby's garden?
Well, the geography for Ernie and Bert's apartment is also confusing.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Our Family's Way" premieres on PBS this Monday February 25. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.