Sesame Street Season 48 Episode 4815 - Chamki Visits Sesame Street

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4815 - Chamki Visits Sesame Street
HBO Premiere: Saturday February 24, 2018
PBS Premiere: Monday March 4, 2019

Big Bird is getting ready for a visit from Chamki, his pen pal from India. Grover, Elmo, Rosita and Cookie Monster build a giant bird feeder to help her feel comfortable on Sesame Street. When she gets there, the gang finds out that even though she and Big Bird have a lot in common, she's not a bird at all!

This episode features an all-new street story, "Be a Good Friend" with Gwen Stefani, "Quiero Ser Tu Amigo" with Romeo Santos and Elmo's World ("Kindness").

If you saw "Chamki Visits Sesame Street" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is one of the better street stories so far this season: it didn't feel rushed, nor did it feel like they tried cramming too much story into too little time.

I liked that Elmo, Rosita, Grover, Cookie, and Abby jumped to conclusions that Chamki would be a bird because they figured a pen pal of Big Bird's would be a bird (that, and he said she'd be flying in, without saying on a plane). Chamki's overall manipulation and lip syncing reminded me a lot of Brian Meehl's - did anyone else pick up on this? But other than that, I loved how they all got together for dancing at the end, with them all dressed up in traditional Indian clothing.

Also loved Grover's little bit about being friends with a crayon he named Steve - that's just so Grover. That and their attempts to build a large birdhouse that hardly looked like a birdhouse at all (amusing that Chamkin thought it looked like some kind of space ship).

Really well-executed story, I really enjoyed it. One of the best so far this season.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was very good. Grover and Cookie got some funny lines, the song at the end of the street story was cool. Can't really say anything else since the rest was repeated sketches.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Seems there's been quite a few episodes in recent years about characters meeting new friends. That would make a good concept for a DVD release - it could include this episode plus the introductions of Julia and Rudy, maybe also the introductions of Chris and Leela.

Then again, this season brought us two episodes in a row starring characters from the international versions of the show, maybe a DVD of episodes or segments with guest appearances from international characters could be done.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Chamki Visits Sesame Street" premieres on PBS this Monday March 4. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Reaction score
Out of all the season 48 episodes featuring the international muppets, I like this one the best. Chamki actually played a main role in the story, unlike episode 4813 where Zuzu (the South African muppet) showed up in the last two minutes and said a few lines. Episode 4813 felt like the American muppets were trying to teach us about South African culture (even though they had a South African muppet available to do it), while this episode had an actual Indian muppet to teach us about Indian culture. And I feel like there was a missed opportunity to feature Lily in the episode about the Lunar New Year. Again, I think this episode and the episode "Street Food" were the best ones out of all the international muppet storylines because it felt more genuine.