Sesame Street Season 48 Episode 4828 - Oscar the Kind

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4828 - Oscar the Kind
HBO Premiere: Saturday May 26, 2018
PBS Premiere: Monday October 1, 2018

Oscar gets sick, and instead of feeling grouchy he feels "kind." He shows Elmo and Baby Bear how easy and fun it is to be kind to others. Guest: Tori Kelly.

This episode features an all-new street story, Tori Kelly and the Sesame Street Muppets singing "Try a Little Kindness", a new Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Milk") and Elmo's World ("Kindness").

If you saw "Oscar the Kind" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Wow, Baby Bear's in this episode? When was the last time he was in a new street story??

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This episode was very funny. It was great to see Grundgetta again. Eric's doing really great with Oscar. I liked when Cookie got a brain freeze in the Foodie Truck segment.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Probably one of the better ones of the season. Nice to see Baby Bear around, and a unique pairing with Rudy. And Grundgetta! Is it me or was Pam kind of toning down her voice?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The story and plot was really interesting, but I feel like the execution was really sloppy . . . somehow, this really didn't feel like a genuine SS story, but rather, a parody of kids shows . . . I think Oscar's incessent rhyming had something to do with it - not really sure if it was necessary or not.

I also feel like there was a blown opportunity here: Telly should have been in this episode. He would have added the perfect level or concern and confusion over Oscar suddenly being so nice and kind, and it would have given us the treat of having some more Oscar/Telly dynamics again. I mean, if Baby Bear was in the story, surely Telly could have been as well.

But oh well. It was still fun, and Eric really is amazing as Oscar - I can't express that enough.

cahuenga

Reaction score
Eric is amazing, I cant tell if it's him or Caroll performing Oscar! It's the same voice! Even better than his Frank Oz characters! Characters he performs brilliantly in my opinion!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think maybe they paired Baby Bear and Rudy is because both their performers are from Chicago. Which I think also explains why some people on here thought Rudy was David Rudman before we learned it was Frankie Cordero.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think maybe they paired Baby Bear and Rudy is because both their performers are from Chicago. Which I think also explains why some people on here thought Rudy was David Rudman before we learned it was Frankie Cordero.
:skeptical: :search: :confused:

cahuenga

Reaction score
I think Cordero and Rudman have very similar voices, I wouldn't be surprised if Cordero inherits some of Rudman's characters, when he retires I mean. I think he would do Baby Bear, Scooter and Janice voices!