1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Sesame Street Season 49 Episode 4916 - Mechanics in Space

Discussion in 'Season 49' started by Phillip, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Episode 4916 - Mechanics in Space
    HBO Premiere: Saturday March 2, 2019

Rudy is pretending to be a space alien from another planet. When his space ship won't start, Abby and Elmo play mechanics. They figure out what the problem is and fix Rudy's space ship.

This episode features an all-new street story, a new Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Mushrooms") and Elmo the Musical ("Repair Monster the Musical").

[​IMG]

If you saw "Mechanics in Space" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

It was nice to see Cookie's food truck in a street story. It would have been better if Gonger was there though. I liked how Cookie called the mushrooms umbrella cookies.

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

According to my cable listings, this week's new episode is last week's. :confused:

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

So not only has Nina replaced Maria as the street's resident Latina, she's also replaced Susan being a woman who actually knows how to fix cars. And I have to say, the female construction worker AM with the deep man voice in the cold open seemed very much like some kind of throw-away character we'd see in a TMS sketch.

As for the street story itself . . . as I'm sure Oscarfan will probably comment, "meh." Rudy's pretend play and Elmo and Abby eventually joining in was cute enough, I guess; the problem with Cookie's foodie truck turning out that he slipped a cookie into the engine to keep it warm was amusing - actually reminds me of that SEINFELD episode where Jerry discovers Kramer and Newman put some of their groceries under the hood of his car.

Other than that, not much to comment on.

5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Nothing about it felt rushed, I'll say at least. But also, like, I really didn't care about anything that was happening, so...