1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Sesame Street Season 49 News and Rumors

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Oscarfan, Oct 28, 2017.

1. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Well-Known Member

When Jerry was alive and performed Mumford for the last time it was with Abby Cadabby in a street story with Mumford in a cameo appearance. So it was close to a meeting between the two we got when Jerry was alive.

Still here's hoping for a proper meeting between Mumford and Abby in the near future.

cahuenga likes this.
  2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I find it odd that United Healthcare is one of SST's PBS sponsors, considering what a company of crooks they are.

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

This montage features a lot of new clips from the upcoming season:

MikaelaMuppet and Froggy Fool like this.
  5. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I see a lot of Ernie, so that’s a good sign.

6. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Please release that Don't Eat the Pictures behind the scenes footage or don't tease me at all. :smirk:

Really pleased to see all the classic characters making appearances; it's sad there's a day to be thankful Ernie & Bert are on Sesame Street, but Guy and Two-Headed Monster is awesome - I guess they were inspired by Palisades wave one.

LittleJerry92 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  7. MuppetSpot

Wave one of the unreleased Sesame Street was Ernie, Oscar The Grouch, Guy Smiley, and Two Headed Monster

8. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the Season 49 guest stars are confirmed yet?

9. Blue Frackle

Yup, I mean Oscar's been a constant since day one.

10. MuppetSpot

God, I wish those figures were released though

Blue Frackle likes this.
  11. Blue Frackle

The Count (moderator) owns the prototypes -- I tried to get him to post some pictures, but no dice.

I also emailed Ken Lily about some painted Count and Bert prototypes I saw in the back of one of his pictures but the same result.

12. MuppetSpot

I think I remember hearing that series two would’ve done numbers. And they would switch off and every other wave.

13. Daffyfan4ever

Daffyfan4ever Well-Known Member

Maybe they want to get Pete used to the role. Kee hee hee!

Plus it will be great to see Kate Miccucci in person. Jinkies!

14. MuppetSpot

Maybe it’s just me or does Peter feel more comfortable for the role of Ernie than Billy was?

Froggy Fool and gavry3 like this.
  15. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Oh, definitely. You can hear it.

16. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

That's true, but it could also be that Peter is just generally more comfortable puppeteering/being on the show altogether.

17. MuppetSpot

I wonder if Billy didn’t really fit in with the crew. He left on his own terms

gavry3 likes this.
  18. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Tbh, I never really "felt" Billy's Ernie so to speak. I don't know, he always felt kind of awkward - you can certainly tell that Peter is the more comfortable puppeteer overall.

LittleJerry92 and gavry3 like this.
  19. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Puppeteering is not as easy as it looks, and Billy was more of a voice actor than he was a puppeteer anyway - both great talents, but not always interchangable.

Kind of like Paul Rugg: he was great as the voice of Freakazoid, but as a puppeteer, his lip syncing didn't always match the syllables that were being said. He'd close the mouth on the syllable, and open it inbetween.

20. GrouchFanatic

GrouchFanatic Well-Known Member

And obviously he will stay a constant right till the end!

:grouchy::grouchy::grouchy::grouchy: