1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by mbmfrog, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Maybe you should read the article about what the book is.

2. BertFan

BertFan Well-Known Member

I did and it said it was picture book :rolleyes:

3. Oscarfan

Per the info:

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Ooooohhh!!! Exciting!

Blue Frackle likes this.
  5. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Why didn't I see that sooner?

7. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Shame they didn’t use another Spaceship Surprice clip that I would have loved to see in high quality, but yeah, great mashup!

8. Oscarfan

Yeah, nice to see some lesser-known stuff thrown in there (Baa Baa Walters).

I didn't realize how dull that Miami Mice bit would be; they really try to go for the satire of them liking fashion, but it really falls flat.

And Family Food is one of my least favorite older SS sketches; way too long and almost totally devoid of funny.

9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

To be fair, Richard Dawson was never the most humorous game show personality - even on the original MATCH GAME, he was always one of the only panelists who wasn't funny.

Now, if they did Family Food years and years later when Richard Karn was host, or maybe even now with Steve Harvey as host, it may have been funnier and more enjoyable.

10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

After learning so many first appearances via Muppet Wiki's "trusted sources", I wondered if the years would be that valuable, but there are a few where I didn't know the date. That Miami Mice was listed with 1986 (I know the one with Kermit was taped during the 1985-1986 season, not sure if they were going by season year or air date, but I assume that means the one with the Count is from season 18), and this is the first time I saw a year/season applied to Squeal of Fortune, also 1986. And these are both segments that Sesame Workshop previously hasn't uploaded online!

For years I felt like I've seen another Miami Mice besides the ones with Kermit and Ernie but didn't remember it having The Count or any familiar characters, but when I watched this one, I've found the part where The Count goes through the closet to actually look very familiar to me. Sudden instant recall effect!

I'd like for an upcoming collection to focus on all the characters, I actually wouldn't be surprised if they did that, though I feel (even if it's an hour long like this) that it should be one of those that just shows a few seconds of each character instead of full clips (or maybe full clips for the really major ones and 30-or-so seconds of certain others).

I would have liked to have seen the rare Starship Surprise from around season 12.

11. Pig's Laundry

Yep. Quite possibly the most terrifying puppet they ever built.

12. Buff Beaker

Buff Beaker Well-Known Member

So I saw on 60 Minutes Australia we are getting a new cast member on the show. Her name is Charlie and is this longest time they have had a kid be a main actor on the show.

13. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

14. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

0:06 I miss that Big Bird puppet. It was perhaps my favorite after the puppet of the mid and late 80s.

The video was fun to watch, and the editing was impressive, not what I was expecting (which was a series of 1-second clips from 1969 to 2019).

15. BertFan

BertFan Well-Known Member

at 0:06 they forgot the Season 2 and 4 versions of ABC-DEF-GHI

EDIT: at 0:53 you can see a Roosevelt Franklin sketch being played that looks like that one where he cant spell his name

16. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Well-Known Member

Well it is 50th anniversary news, but it's more for the magazine cover...

17. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Well-Known Member

18. Pig's Laundry

Very cute appearance.

19. Pig's Laundry

Froggy Fool likes this.
  20. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member