Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think we had a pretty good idea Season 50 was going to turn out to be quite a big deal - I mean how could it not? 50 years! Half a century! And still going strong! A year-long celebration is most appropos!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I am kind of surprised that Steve Whitmire is involved in this....I mean I thought he was fired from Sesame Workshop ?
For one thing, this doesn't appear to be an officially-sanctioned Sesame thing (I'm sure they have Sesame's permission, though).

BEAR 2

Reaction score
I am so excited at the idea of a new (theatrical release) feature film. I've been waiting for one for a long time and I think this 50th anniversary is the right time to finally do it. They have a solid Muppeteer team right now and I'm sure Alan, Nina and Chris will be great to involve too. They are all brilliant performers. It probably won't happen, but it would be fun to see cameos from some past cast members pop up where they would typically throw in celebrity cameos. Then again, if Zoe ran into Maria on some random street in the Bronx, she would easily be able to take her home in a matter of minutes. So maybe that would make it too easy. STILL THOUGH! The concept sounds just simple enough but yet with so much potential to be wonderful. I just hope they use real locations as they did in Follow That Bird and the original Muppet films. It will lend itself so much better to the concept of getting lost in NYC. Also, how can i get involved?! Haha!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I am so excited at the idea of a new (theatrical release) feature film. I've been waiting for one for a long time and I think this 50th anniversary is the right time to finally do it. They have a solid Muppeteer team right now and I'm sure Alan, Nina and Chris will be great to involve too. They are all brilliant performers. It probably won't happen, but it would be fun to see cameos from some past cast members pop up where they would typically throw in celebrity cameos. Then again, if Zoe ran into Maria on some random street in the Bronx, she would easily be able to take her home in a matter of minutes. So maybe that would make it too easy. STILL THOUGH! The concept sounds just simple enough but yet with so much potential to be wonderful. I just hope they use real locations as they did in Follow That Bird and the original Muppet films. It will lend itself so much better to the concept of getting lost in NYC. Also, how can i get involved?! Haha!
One thing I love about the movies is that the SST set is always expanded and made to look more real. So maybe they can have some Maria, Bob, Luis, etc, as extras to help populate the street.

One thing I would love to see is a scene where the characters walk into a more shady neighborhood and run into Lefty. Maybe that's too dark for them to do nowadays, idk, but it would be funny.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The set for FTB looked amazing, so realistic and authenic. The set for EIG, on the other hand, looked like it was a replication of the set (circa the ATC era, of course) for like a theme park attraction or something . . . not really sure how to describe it, but I liked the FTB set better.

Status
Not open for further replies.