Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
One thing I love about the movies is that the SST set is always expanded and made to look more real. So maybe they can have some Maria, Bob, Luis, etc, as extras to help populate the street.

One thing I would love to see is a scene where the characters walk into a more shady neighborhood and run into Lefty. Maybe that's too dark for them to do nowadays, idk, but it would be funny.
I actually love all of this! It would be just shady enough to work, but not too scary for kids because its Lefty and he's a silly Muppet. I mean, Miss Finch had her creepy moments too.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
The set for FTB looked amazing, so realistic and authenic. The set for EIG, on the other hand, looked like it was a replication of the set (circa the ATC era, of course) for like a theme park attraction or something . . . not really sure how to describe it, but I liked the FTB set better.
FTB showed more of the grittiness of a real city street. EIG was definitely more cleaned up. Then again, Sesame Street has updated and cleaned/polished up the street set more too as probably a reflection of real NYC neighborhoods updating...the funds are coming in to clean up the streets.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
They could never use Lefty again because of how much the time has changed. I know Noel said you can’t create another character like Count or Oscar these days.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
They could never use Lefty again because of how much the time has changed. I know Noel said you can’t create another character like Count or Oscar these days.
What was the reasoning behind Oscar and Count?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
What was the reasoning behind Oscar and Count?
With Oscar, they explained it in I Am Big Bird. Now with the Count, Noel didn’t say anything groundbreaking but, he say you can’t create another Count these days.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Vampires have been really big for the past ten or fifteen years or so, and even kid-friendly properties not just Vampirina, but like the Hotel Transylvania movies and such, so I kind of doubt that would have anything to do with it.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
Plus, the Count is so much less creepy and scary than he used to be, say back in the 80s. And, you're right Snowthy, vampire cartoons are huge now. The biggest charm of the Count is that is so harmless. He's actually one of the sager/wiser (though slightly crazy) people on The Street. I think I know what you are referring to with Oscar. He is kinda negative and nasty, but theres also a reason he's lasted all these years so successfully. He has many layers. Probably one of the more complex and rounded characters. He teaches that there are some people with very different points of view and we should be challenged to love and respect them unconditionally as best as we can. He's also not totally awful. He is never mean-spirited and would never actually hurt anyone. He's just a tricky pessimist. He's kinda the opposite of Ernie. Ernie is an optimistic prankster with good intentions. And Oscar is just so funny...he's like that grumpy old uncle of the family. I think what makes SS so successful is that the neighborhood has been inhabited by so many types of people and personalities and that reflects the real world. They always talk about how the show (at least they used to more) reflects real like situations and conflicts. The characters on SS aren't perfect, aren't without problems and don't always get along, but they do their best. Oscar is just one of those that is stubborn and difficult to reason with...I know a lot of people like that and I love them anyway. I learned to...thanks, Sesame Street!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lest we forget James Earl Jones assumed that many of the Muppet monsters like Cookie would terrify children. "What did I know?"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The only way I could picture Cookie being terrifying is if Brian Muehl voiced him.

Status
Not open for further replies.