1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by mbmfrog, Jun 20, 2018.

1. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I am surprised that Two-Headed Monster is still a part of Sesame Street, even after the death of Richard and departure of Joey

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Tyler Bunch just tweeted "Studio time tomorrow" with the Season 50 logo. Does this mean they're beginning production for the season?

3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yes, they've just started filming season 50. Ryan Dillon made a post about it on Instagram.

4. D'Snowth

Guess this means we'll be getting BTF again soon too, eh? :excited:

5. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Certainly hope so! That series is so fun and intriguing to watch and chat with the folks. :)

6. Pig's Laundry

Yeah! I can't wait.
    I wonder why Eric Jacobson and David Rudman are never on it.

7. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Eric Jacobson seems very private along with David Rudman. I wonder if they’re worried because they have Frank’s characters and you how people get about them.

8. Pig's Laundry

They do seem pretty private, which makes sense given their career choice.

9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

They also do the stream during the lunch break, so it's possible that they just want to have as much time as possible to take a break and eat.

10. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

Upon watching this I cried tears of joy... Caroll Spinney, I salute you! :) :cry:

11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It also seems like Eric Jacobson very rarely does interviews, less so than other performers.

12. D'Snowth

Eric seems like kind of a shy person. I remember when he started doing talk show appearances with his characters (Grover, Fozzie, etc.), he seemed to hesitate and stumble quite a bit. I think even the 40 years book mentions the characters he plays being so outspoken despite him being so softspoken.

13. Pig's Laundry

Yeah, you can particularly feel a bit of awkwardness when he did Miss Piggy in his earlier years.

14. ssetta

ssetta Well-Known Member

I actually saw some pictures of the set for Season 50. They added some pretty cool things. If you look closely at the floor in the entrance between Hoopers and the Laundromat (I think) it says 1969 in the tiles, similar to how a lot of old buildings have that. And also, remember how Back in the 70s and 80s they used to have all those number stickers in the arbor area by the garage? Well, they’re bringing them back, sort of. But this time, they’re actually pictures of old cartoons.

Also, I don’t know if anyone watched Mickey’s 90th Spectacular tonight? I have to say it truly was amazing. It almost made me cry. They had all different kinds of celebrities paying tribute to Mickey Mouse by singing popular Disney songs, sharing memories, etc. I’m sure you’re gonna say, “What does that have to do with Sesame Street’s 50th Anniversary?” Well, I hope the prime time special that’s airing on November 10 of next year is just as good, if not better.

15. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I didn't catch it, but I saw on Twitter they had him being John Bonham again for no reason:

[​IMG]

I don't what to think of the redesigned head; in some ways it looks like at an '80s throwback which is cool, but seems kinda unnecessary. Like I literally don't think Goofy's head has been altered for like 30 years and it's a mandatory thing to change Mickey's every 10.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  16. Oscarfan

I wasn't in to that special at all. Some of the musical performances were fine; half of them had nothing to do with Disney, and it all felt so weird treating this Mickey costume as the "real" Mickey. It's not like Kermit where he's an actual, physical thing.

SW can definitely put out something with more love and care, and not have anyone doing their latest hit single or promoting their new Disney Channel movie.

17. Pig's Laundry

Disney's Christmas parades are literally hour long Disney Parks ads, but at least they go all the way and have the feel you expect from the Disney brand. But, somehow, adding all those pop songs made the Mickey special feel even more like a commercial.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  18. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I figured there's a reason I don't even bother to watch things anymore.

19. D'Snowth

Got links to these pics? Because I just watched the Today Show video, and I didn't see either of the things you mentioned.

The only noticable differences I saw with the set was the tenament door between the Laundromat and Hooper's appears to be now be faded and weathered, and it looks like they may or may not have finally replaced the brick wall (the one that was made from the side walls of Furry Arms and Finder's Keepers) next to Big Bird's nest with more stained-glass windows.

20. Oscarfan

Ryan Dillion shared a sample of them (they're on that same wall by the nest you mentioned): https://www.instagram.com/p/BpSVwVbhzAD/

D'Snowth likes this.