Sesame Street Seasons 30-34

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Another one they didn't explain-- What happened to Carlo? He did work at Hooper's right before he left, so it seems kids might've wondered where he was as well.

Also, I think Ruthie was a really great addition to the cast and I think it's a shame they didn't keep her around for any street scenes after season 29.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There were a number of ATC kids that disappeared without explanation, except for Tarrah who stuck around for a very short while after ATC.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Actually to be honest I thought Ruthie was a better insert character that street scenes character. That's just my opinion. Also what happen to Celina as well? I kind of think ATC was dropped because of money issues.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Actually to be honest I thought Ruthie was a better insert character that street scenes character. That's just my opinion. Also what happen to Celina as well? I kind of think ATC was dropped because of money issues.
They got rid of Celina and most of the other ATC characters because it was way too many characters for kids to keep up with.

There were a number of ATC kids that disappeared without explanation, except for Tarrah who stuck around for a very short while after ATC.
Yeah, Tarah stayed on for about three seasons after ATC, but I believe her actress moved, so it became difficult for her to go back and forth. Although, I think they wanted to keep her on the show longer because I think they briefly replaced her in season 33 with another disabled girl.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
They got rid of Celina and most of the other ATC characters because it was way too many characters for kids to keep up with.
I know that is respond got from Marty & Caroll but, I think another reason why they got rid of ATC was money issues as well.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I know that is respond got from Marty & Caroll but, I think another reason why they got rid of ATC was money issues as well.
I wouldn't be surprised if money was a big factor, the show was already kind of struggling financially by the late 90s, thus the reason they scaled back the number of episodes per season in season 30.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I assumed they scaled back the number of shows because of the EW segments; producing them probably cost them a lot, so fewer episodes seemed like the trade-off.

And I would agree that the huge cast was an issue of the ATC era. The cast was already big enough, then they added more.

Sure, a lot of characters were created and implemented to keep up the demands of 130 shows a season* (like making one-timers like Tough Eddie or Captain Vegetable into semi-recurring characters) and also because they couldn't use the likes of Grover, Cookie, Ernie and Bert in street scenes. But like around season 25/26, there could be over 60 characters that appear on a regular to minor recurring appearances. That's a lot for kids to handle, even though I was sort of the opposite (I could remember most of the characters).

*It's that kind of thing that makes me think they should've been doing less shows a season a long while ago.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The first episode of Gina turning into a veterinarian.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Boy, this thread is gonna be really active for a while... :wink: