1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Sesame Street Seasons 30-34

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Pig's Laundry, Oct 12, 2015.

1. BuddyBoy600alt

BuddyBoy600alt Active Member

I know it's like trying to transfer My Sesame Street Home Video or Sesame Street Songs Home Video from Random House Home Video from Betamax to DVD. It does not work because the Betamax tape has a copy-protection signal by Macrovision.

2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Uh huh. Those two situations are very comparable.

3. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

This is why I just don't transfer stuff to DVD.

4. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Well, interestingly, I was able to transfer a few Sesame VHS tapes (Monster Hits, Zoe's Dance Moves, and I'm Glad I'm Me) to DVDs about 7 years ago...didn't have a copyright problem. Tapes from Jim Henson Video, on the other hand, no go.

5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It depends on the DVD Recorder.

Over ten years ago, I had a DVD Recorder that could copy copyright-protected tapes and such, however the machine would automatically distort the picture as a result: for instance, after the transfer, the copied video would look like a 240p YouTube video, not to mention the top third of the picture would have a yellowish tint (if some of you are able to remember waaaay back when I first started uploading YouTube videos in 2007 and 2008 before reuploading many of them).

My current DVD Recorder (a Sanyo, which was previously Magnavox), it really depends on the tape: some tapes can be copied, others can't. On the plus side, however, tapes that can be copied can be up-converted to 1080p: it's not perfect, and it enhances artifacts and imperfections, but the quality distortion is minimal.

6. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

I just found the Noggin version of Epiosde 3888.

7. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Where?

8. Any Del

The Noggin/Nick Jr folder on Google Photos.

9. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Oh. The one that Davis Inman posted.

10. Any Del

Yeah.